The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Aaron keeps commenting they may add more songs but it seems super weird. It sounds like they’re officially in promo mode with the album finalized, promo materials are made, seems like an early summer release. Just kind of weird comments to me

Well I called it. Only 8 new songs. How lame. After such a long time I was really hoping we’d get more but Tom is Tom so this is what we get. Hope these songs are good. If K&T and Rebel Girl are the two best songs on the album, which is honestly seeming kinda likely at this point, this album is gonna be a disappointment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Well I called it. Only 8 new songs. How lame. After such a long time I was really hoping we’d get more but Tom is Tom so this is what we get. Hope these songs are good. If K&T and Rebel Girl are the two best songs on the album, which is honestly seeming kinda likely at this point, this album is gonna be a disappointment.

It seems like the best two songs when those are the only things you’ve heard? Fuck outta here

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

It seems like the best two songs when those are the only things you’ve heard? Fuck outta here

Settle mate I’m not saying they are the best two but there’s a definite chance they could be. Tom wrote two really good songs, then released a shit one and then couldn’t make up 10 new ones better than those first two. There’s a very real chance he hasn’t been able to top those two. I just don’t see any other reason they would still make the album. They’re old as fuck by now. 

Yeah. I know I sound pessimistic as fuck but I do really want the songs to be good and I’m sure they will at least be good since Tom doesn’t write that many bad songs. Just not sure if they’re going to be better than what we’ve heard so far.

If there is a better song than Kiss & Tell on the record I will be very surprised. Not that I think the songs are gonna suck, but K&T is so much better than anything he's released in years and I don't see lightning striking twice as being very likely. I'd love to be proven wrong, I hope I am!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If there is a better song than Kiss & Tell on the record I will be very surprised. Not that I think the songs are gonna suck, but K&T is so much better than anything he's released in years and I don't see lightning striking twice as being very likely. I'd love to be proven wrong, I hope I am!

I think the more time that goes by, the more anticipation goes up, and the more we'll be disappointed, just the way this has historically gone.

All speculation, but I can't see an album of K&Ts at this day and age, or I'd be genuinely shocked.  I expect much more of All That's Left Is Love and maybe one more banger.  We will see though.

I still feel like this will never come out.  I'm so burnt out by all my favorite artists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Speedo likes Rise Against said:

I think the more time that goes by, the more anticipation goes up, and the more we'll be disappointed, just the way this has historically gone.

Tom truly is the king of building up anticipation and then letting you down.

I'm saying this as a big AVA fan. He gets his fans' expectations too high every time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Tom truly is the king of building up anticipation and then letting you down.

I'm saying this as a big AVA fan. He gets his fans' expectations too high every time.

That's why Rebel Girl and K&T were so good too, they were seemingly out of no where.

Not to sound like a boomer but social media does not help, I feel like I cannot enjoy anything as much anymore because all the anticipation and read throughs you can find online beforehand instead of just a trailer or sound clip, gets expectations too high.

Tom is obviously the worst for this, by overhyping 

He really should just do his hype thing, drop an album of him farting into a microphone or something, then the real thing a week later.  I'm already knowing this is gonna be duds.

I don't understand releasing singles when you haven't even written the album they're gonna appear on and then keeping them on said album fucking ages after the fact. I wonder if he couldn't be bothered to write a full albums worth and just threw those two in. 

I definitely thought he'd just write a full album because this makes absolutely no sense. So I admit I was wrong too. 

On the plus side, Tom can somehow still disappoint me! Who knew! 

Kiss and Tell is the best song out of the blink camp since 2015. I dont believe anything on this album will come close. 

• Like 2

I almost think the "this music will be bigger than the second coming of Christ" days were kind of better. Like his overhyping of his stuff was so ridiculous that it didn't actually get your hopes up at all.

Though to be fair my hopes aren't up right now, so... maybe not? We'll see though. I'm not expecting absolute garbage but I'm not expecting greatness either. I thought the Dream Walker was pretty good. Didn't like the LOVE era. So I don't really know what to expect with AVA anymore. Which I guess is kinda nice.

• Like 2