The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, thongrider said:

10 songs seems normal for an ava album. WDNTW had only like 7 new songs too. 

What? They were all released in the same year as the album dropped. Wasn’t the adventure the only one officially released before the album?

Unless you're talking the blink demos he used or whatever but we never heard them as full songs so not the same.

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Good Day too. Didn't we get Walkyrie Missile too? Maybe I remember it wrong. The only difference is the long time it took between the releases, but that's not a reason to add more songs. 

I’m pretty sure they were all released once the album was done and were being used as promotion for the upcoming album release unlike K&T and RG which were recorded separately, well before the rest of the album and released only to sell tour tickets. It’s very different. Nobody has an issue with Euphoria being released before the album since were actually “close” to the album being coming out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m pretty sure they were all released once the album was done and were being used as promotion for the upcoming album release unlike K&T and RG which were recorded separately, well before the rest of the album and released only to sell tour tickets. It’s very different. Nobody has an issue with Euphoria being released before the album since were actually “close” to the album being coming out. 

Times have changed. 

5 hours ago, Speedo likes Rise Against said:

I think the more time that goes by, the more anticipation goes up, and the more we'll be disappointed, just the way this has historically gone.

All speculation, but I can't see an album of K&Ts at this day and age, or I'd be genuinely shocked.  I expect much more of All That's Left Is Love and maybe one more banger.  We will see though.

I still feel like this will never come out.  I'm so burnt out by all my favorite artists.

I like all that's left is love.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I almost think the "this music will be bigger than the second coming of Christ" days were kind of better. Like his overhyping of his stuff was so ridiculous that it didn't actually get your hopes up at all.

Though to be fair my hopes aren't up right now, so... maybe not? We'll see though. I'm not expecting absolute garbage but I'm not expecting greatness either. I thought the Dream Walker was pretty good. Didn't like the LOVE era. So I don't really know what to expect with AVA anymore. Which I guess is kinda nice.

Every musician feels the way tom does over a new song, if they wouldn't they wouldn't do it anymore or only does it for the money and doesn't give a shit. I've never read into any of his hyping since I know it's only his view as the songwriter. 

55 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Every musician feels the way tom does over a new song, if they wouldn't they wouldn't do it anymore or only does it for the money and doesn't give a shit. I've never read into any of his hyping since I know it's only his view as the songwriter. 

not every musician overhypes their stuff like Tom does though.

Though he hasn't really been hyping this album up as much, which I actually appreciate. I'm mostly talking about how he's been in the past.

42 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

not every musician overhypes their stuff like Tom does though.

Though he hasn't really been hyping this album up as much, which I actually appreciate. I'm mostly talking about how he's been in the past.

Yeah I get that, I just mean that it’s sincere from his side. It’s not that weird that he gets overly amped up when he thinks that he’s topped himself and wants to share it with his fan base. Every songwriter feels the same way, it’s just that most have better impulse control and doesn’t post every feeling they get. But I understand where he’s coming from.

It must be great to feel that way and post it and someone actually give a damn though 🙈😂

my stance on this is different from most people whining in here.

i'm not a huge ava fan. i like the first album and a couple songs off all of the others. but the two singles from this era are right up my alley, which have me weirdly excited and hopeful for this. especially if they really took their time in 2020 to make it a better album and scrapped any shit songs. 

tom has spent the last decade making it pretty clear that making music is a low priority for him. so, i have learned to expect and accept less. but with blink, it's a lot different for me. i can't stand what they've been doing and i do expect more from them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i'm not a huge ava fan. i like the first album and a couple songs off all of the others. but the two singles from this era are right up my alley, which have me weirdly excited and hopeful for this. especially if they really took their time in 2020 to make it a better album and scrapped any shit songs. 

tom has spent the last decade making it pretty clear that making music is a low priority for him. so, i have learned to expect and accept less. but with blink, it's a lot different for me. i can't stand what they've been doing and i do expect more from them.

Isn't this what most people think? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

a lot of people sound super annoyed and frustrated about there only being eight new songs so i'd say no? 

I don't care about that, I didn't expect a 14-20 track album tbh nor did I really want it.  Quality over quantity for me at this stage in their careers.  If they're anything like RG or K&T I'm going to fondle myself.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

True to all of this.

Rebel Girl has grown on me loads in the past couple of weeks. it's so catchy. When it was first released, I thought it was just an average and boring song. Kiss + Tell was always just decent to me, but it hasn't grown on me the way Rebel Girl has.

• Like 1