The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

12 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Rebel Girl has grown on me loads in the past couple of weeks. it's so catchy. When it was first released, I thought it was just an average and boring song. Kiss + Tell was always just decent to me, but it hasn't grown on me the way Rebel Girl has.

It's literally the heart of blink resurfacing after the brief moments on Neighborhoods/DED.  This rarely happens.  I will say I felt that with Mark on First Time, Cynical verse, and randomly Wildfire pre-chorus. 

Otherwise, all their hearts are out of it imo.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 12:40 PM, Elisa said:

2 years later and Kiss & Tell and Rebel Girl still sound great so let's have them on the album! 

Right?

Sure it'd be nice to have MORE new songs but I want a decent record I can throw on at my 2nd job and zone in on... with Rebel Girl and Kiss and Tell on the record, I don't see how that can ruin the quality of the collection of songs overall, but only enhance it, even if they did come out a year or 2 ago...

Would we rather get 10 songs that are worse than those two songs? Hell no... Dream Walker is still the only AVA release I still listen to with occasional anticipation/joy... the rest of the albums are more or less played when I really need something kinda long to kill time at work when I'm not paying much attention to the music...

I need a quality album, not more fluff with the occasional good song in between.

• Like 2

Just revisited the two songs.

Rebel Girl is obviously the better song imo. Kiss and Tell is too bland. Not bad just generic. Rebel girl lyrics are pretty bad though. Enjoyable to listen to though.

Still neither come even remotely close to what blink did with nine. 

1 hour ago, petros said:

Rebel Girl is obviously the better song imo. Kiss and Tell is too bland. Not bad just generic. Rebel girl lyrics are pretty bad though. Enjoyable to listen to though.

Yeah, Rebel Girl sounds like classic tom-songwriting. 

7 hours ago, petros said:

I literally disagree with everything in that post. Nine was dogshit, Rebel Girl is incredibly meh, Kiss and Tell is the best thing out of the blink related camp in the last, like, 9 years. 

I'm one of the few who really likes Nine. No Heart to Speak Of and First Time are superb songs. Those two are better than the AVA songs by far I think. Rebel Girl has grown on me loads but Kiss + Tell drags on for me. It actually has a guitar riff though, which blink needs way more of with Skiba.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I literally disagree with everything in that post. Nine was dogshit, Rebel Girl is incredibly meh, Kiss and Tell is the best thing out of the blink related camp in the last, like, 9 years. 

Yeah, to me rebel girl sound very love-ish only with a little more synths, it makes sense you don’t like it that much as you don’t like the love sound

3 minutes ago, MSandt said:

What the hell are people here smoking? Kiss & Tell is garbage.

It always makes me feel better when the resident homophobe and racist disagrees with me. Thanks man! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Great new interview with David Kennedy on Toby Morse’s pod, some great insight into BCR/AVA:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/one-life-one-chance-with-toby-morse/id1449669906?i=1000517718688

Interviewer - The tour in 2018/2019 sold out really fast 

David - “yeah it did, it was weird” 😂😂

14 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don’t think he was in Iconoclasts, just mentioned playing with them in that scene w/blink IIRC. Yeah I was quite surprised by the AVA stuff... how he bowed out and never heard a word from Tom (though I thought he showed up at a TDW session or two?), Adam from H20 trying out for AVA twice.

It was interesting to hear him talk about how Tom gets a riff and just sticks with it until it’s a song, and how if there are 10 songs on the album - that’s what he had. I was a bit surprised he wasn’t on the upcoming AVA album, though said he’s involved? 

Nah they have said that cheerleader thing earlier in album process too so that wasn’t any new information. 

He was definitely at some sessions early on before bowing out from what I can remember

But that thing he said about Ryan “losing his ways” is more that we’ve ever gotten to date about what happened right? 

14 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

and how if there are 10 songs on the album - that’s what he had.

So is he saying here that for this new album only 10 songs were written total and that’s what’s on the album rather than they just picked the 10 best from all the songs written? Sorry, don’t have time to listen right now and get the context here.