The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Fan fiction? He literally says he did nothing in the band creatively, that it was mostly dysfunctional, and that Ilan is now writing everything.

Never did he once say that Ilan writes everything. Quite on the contrary, he said that Tom writes ten songs if its for a ten song album and nothing more. 

What he did say though was that Ilan was so good that David didn't feel like he had to play anything on the album as Ilan did it better.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Never did he once say that Ilan writes everything. Quite on the contrary, he said that Tom writes ten songs if its for a ten song album and nothing more. 

What he did say though was that Ilan was so good that David didn't feel like he had to play anything on the album as Ilan did it better.

To be fair that's easily true. Ilan is way more talented than Tom and David as a musician. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

being in a band with jared leto is probably a thousand times worse than being in one with tom. it's probably similar pay as well because it's all about him and they don't seem to perform that often due to his acting career. 

30 seconds to Mars was one of the biggest rock bands in the world from 2009 to 2013 playing stadiums. Yea he would be rich if he stuck through Jared or didn’t get kicked out. Pretty sure he got kicked out.

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

30 seconds to Mars was one of the biggest rock bands in the world from 2009 to 2013 playing stadiums. Yea he would be rich if he stuck through Jared or didn’t get kicked out. Pretty sure he got kicked out.

you have no idea how much the other members get paid. i'm sure the money was better than ava during that time period but i'd bet my life on the other members not getting an even cut. 

it also depends on how you define rich.

8 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

you have no idea how much the other members get paid. i'm sure the money was better than ava during that time period but i'd bet my life on the other members not getting an even cut. 

it also depends on how you define rich.

There’s no way he wouldn’t be a millionaire just by being in that band during that period doing stadium tours. It doesn’t matter whether Jared Leto was taking the majority

22 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

being in a band with jared leto is probably a thousand times worse than being in one with tom. it's probably similar pay as well because it's all about him and they don't seem to perform that often due to his acting career. 

Right after Matt quit 30 seconds to Mars toured for like 3 years straight or some shit and got some Guinness record for touring lol. Their music took a gigantic shit though and I believe now it's literally just Jared and his brother on stage

30 minutes ago, NotNow said:

There’s no way he wouldn’t be a millionaire just by being in that band during that period doing stadium tours. It doesn’t matter whether Jared Leto was taking the majority

refer to all of the times travis barker has said he didn't make shit in comparison to mark and tom from 1998-2002 because he wasn't on the record contract, wasn't credited for songwriting, and they determined his pay during the tours. and this was during a time period when people actually bought music. 

and you do know that the band doesn't just pocket all of the money from a stadium tour, right? there are so many people and companies involved that take big cuts long before the bassist for hire gets their share. 

2 hours ago, kibbles said:

Right after Matt quit 30 seconds to Mars toured for like 3 years straight or some shit and got some Guinness record for touring lol. Their music took a gigantic shit though and I believe now it's literally just Jared and his brother on stage

Their first two albums were great though

On 4/21/2021 at 11:35 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Great new interview with David Kennedy on Toby Morse’s pod, some great insight into BCR/AVA:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/one-life-one-chance-with-toby-morse/id1449669906?i=1000517718688

It feels like he hated every moment of ava, felt embarrassed for his mate that auditioned twice and didnt even get to jam or play his guitar lol

Tom just comes across like a difficult pretentious asshole tbh! 

He completely hates matt lol im guessing because tom picked him over his mate, the cheer leader comment was funny, shows that tom and ilan do all the work and let no1 else in!

Anyone who sticks up for tom on the whole blink situation should understand hes a pain in the ass and will just ghost you if you dont agree with him.

I only heard the ava part is the bcr part any better? 

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

It feels like he hated every moment of ava, felt embarrassed for his mate that auditioned twice and didnt even get to jam or play his guitar lol

He completely hates matt lol im guessing because tom picked him over his mate, the cheer leader comment was funny, shows that tom and ilan do all the work and let no1 else in!

Anyone who sticks up for tom on the whole blink situation should understand hes a pain in the ass and will just ghost you if you dont agree with him.

No, lol. 

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

Tom life 4 life!

5 hours ago, kibbles said:

Yeah I think it was the record for most shows on a single tour or something like that with over 300 shows.

lol what podcast did you guys listen to? nothing we didn't know already. also david sounds very happy with his role in ava.

some of you guys are just so desperate to find dirt on tom, it's pathetic. It's been no secret that tom needs to have 100% control, and that only he and ilan are recording 90% of the time (i think matt recorded some bass this time around).....

big deal.

david gets to play sold out club tours once in a while without beeing particularly talented nor bringing anything to the table. no wonder he's happy. also his coffe business profits a lot of the fanbase.  tom could literally hire anybody else to play a power chord here and there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1