The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

Oh so someone appears happy on IG so they must be…LOL

Okay. I’m not sure what your point is. I wasn’t saying that Chris doesn’t have complex feelings about the situation that he doesn’t share on IG, or that he and Tom are friendly by any stretch. I’m just saying, this narrative of Chris as this permanent heartbroken victim is a bit much. He has moved on as much as it is possible to move on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Whyamidoingthis said:

Okay. I’m not sure what your point is. I wasn’t saying that Chris doesn’t have complex feelings about the situation that he doesn’t share on IG, or that he and Tom are friendly by any stretch. I’m just saying, this narrative of Chris as this permanent heartbroken victim is a bit much. He has moved on as much as it is possible to move on. 

You said Chris is clearly happier than ever. Do you know him personally? Have you known him forever? If not, how could you come to such a conclusion, especially based off of IG where people are known to portray their fake selves. That’s my point. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

Just now, Johnny Two Bags said:

You said Chris is clearly happier than ever. Do you know him personally? Have you known him forever? If not, how could you come to such a conclusion, especially based off of IG where people are known to portray their fake selves. That’s my point. 

Ok, you’re right. That was an exaggerated way of saying “he seems super happy”. But yes, instagram can be misleading. However, at a certain point... in my opinion, anyway, there comes a point where it becomes almost disrespectful to Chris and his new fiancée to keep up the narrative that Chris is still hung up on Marie or that he’s not over it, or whatever, when there’s no objective evidence for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Ok, you’re right. That was an exaggerated way of saying “he seems super happy”. But yes, instagram can be misleading. However, at a certain point... in my opinion, anyway, there comes a point where it becomes almost disrespectful to Chris and his new fiancée to keep up the narrative that Chris is still hung up on Marie or that he’s not over it, or whatever, when there’s no objective evidence for that. 

I see your point too and you’re also right. Personally I don’t think that chick is anything special at all and Tom is crazy. With all the women out there he chooses that one who also was his supposed friends wife. It’s weak, and I guess I don’t have a problem with people continuing to rib at Tom for it 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

it matches the other three what the fuck are you guys crying about lol

To be fair the others look crap too, I get being similar thematically but you'd expect the album artwork to stand out more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

To be fair the others look crap too, I get being similar thematically but you'd expect the album artwork to stand out more. 

the other three are great so you're wrong about that, but I believe this is just a single and not the album corndog beat me to it

Is the single or album called Euphoria? I see the comments above but is it 100% confirmed it's just the single's cover? Sorry, been working a lot, trying to keep up as best as I can on all this.

I like the other 2 previous covers better but I'm also in the minority  in thinking that getting the Raiders of the Lost Ark/Star Wars poster artist to do I-Empire was pretentious so...

3 minutes ago, Rebel Girls United said:

I will die on this hill that 90% of the time Tom's 'pretention' is tongue in cheek and joking, it gets people talking so it's good marketing too.

The i-empire thing I guarantee they were laughing about and chuckled at the artwork

Lol Not a chance mate. This is Tom’s super serious, mature, art project, trans media experience. None of it is tongue in cheek.

• Like 1