The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

25 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I always thought people were being ridiculous automatically assuming it was a drug problem. Turns out you’re all stupid idiots and I am extremely intelligent!!!

I dunno mate. Too many nose beers will definitely do some damage to your sinuses. Could all be related.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

looks like we have an explanation for tom’s odd face expressions onstage

https://www.instagram.com/p/COQ_gAdpscw/

I always was like so 50/50 on this..It was almost TOO obvious how much he did it, that I thought it might actually be some legitimate twitch he can't help or serious sinus type issue (not saying I diagnosed whatever he has by any stretch..) or that he was hooked on coke during shows.

I thought he mentioned that it was a sinus issue in the past, but either way it's kinda fascinating to wonder if that could be part of the reason his voice went to absolute shit over the past 15+ years. I truly don't know of another singer who just completely lost the ability to sound like themselves or carry a tune the way Tom did.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I thought he mentioned that it was a sinus issue in the past, but either way it's kinda fascinating to wonder if that could be part of the reason his voice went to absolute shit over the past 15+ years. I truly don't know of another singer who just completely lost the ability to sound like themselves or carry a tune the way Tom did.

He has, not really news. He’s said it’s to pop his ears several times in the past. Some people just didn’t believe that.

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

It's called illuminati bud, blink was a government project, I've never seen someone look more like a CIA agent than Mark.

Tom's was pretty dramatic though, there's been a couple. Elton John, Corey Taylor, Lil Wayne (lol), James Hetfield, Eminem, Taking Back Sunday (better though imo)

Tom's might be the biggest now that I think about it.. Others just get slightly lower or stopped making music altogether.

• Haha 1

he has, i think it was even in the urethra chronicles pt 2 that Tom sees doctors for it. 

42 minutes ago, TOYPA Krampus 182 said:

Tom apologist.

I mean I personally thought there was something slightly more to it myself, just not drugs. I’m just saying this isn’t new news.

also the ava album is actually 12 songs yay

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

damn bro, Tom is playing in DROP D. So post-hardcore, AVA is the next Fugazi but more visionary.

I remember in 8th grade our band thinking we were the most hardcore because we discovered drop D.

Which is essentially is standard, unless Tom is going ham on the open palm mutes..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TOYPA Krampus 182 said:

I remember in 8th grade our band thinking we were the most hardcore because we discovered drop D.

Which is essentially is standard, unless Tom is going ham on the open palm mutes..

Standard tuning is Standard, Jan.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Imagine getting your hopes up for an unreleased BCR song and then the song is Mandy or Dance With Me 

“We did it over the past couple years” sounds like it’s completely new. Maybe it was planned for it to be with the vinyl release and shit just didn’t pan out. 

In any case, hyped for an unreleased studio recording with Travis.

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Imagine getting your hopes up for an unreleased BCR song and then the song is Mandy or Dance With Me 

I'd take Dance With Me, honestly. I loved that song and hated it only ever had a shitty live rip. 

• Like 4