The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 hour ago, kibbles said:

“We did it over the past couple years” sounds like it’s completely new. Maybe it was planned for it to be with the vinyl release and shit just didn’t pan out. 

In any case, hyped for an unreleased studio recording with Travis.

Yeah, I just listened to the interview and he said the song was made a couple of years ago with Travis. That's hype for sure.

• Wow 1

4 hours ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

It's called illuminati bud, blink was a government project, I've never seen someone look more like a CIA agent than Mark.

Tom's was pretty dramatic though, there's been a couple. Elton John, Corey Taylor, Lil Wayne (lol), James Hetfield, Eminem, Taking Back Sunday (better though imo)

Tom's might be the biggest now that I think about it.. Others just get slightly lower or stopped making music altogether.

Yeah but Corey hurt his voice with screaming, Elton John got a different voice after surgery on the vocal chords, Eminem sound like himself to me, just older. I agree about Adam Lazzara

29 minutes ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

This Euphoria riff is getting hyped now, it better be good.  In Tom we trust with this.

Drop D makes me nervous as it draws dangerously close to Deftones and nu-metal territory... but I can't wait to hear it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Elisa said:

Drop D makes me nervous as it draws dangerously close to Deftones and nu-metal territory... but I can't wait to hear it.

It really, really doesn't, don't panic. 

Drop D is so common place in pop punk. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hex said:

Not the good kind.

Lots of bad, lots of good. Drop D is like the ultimate baby step in tuning changes, everyones done it at least once. I'm pretty sure blink has - isn't Kaleidoscope drop D? and Asthenia? 

Even "Time To Break Up" is half step down and drop C#, and most of Untitled was recorded in C# 

Tom messing with tunings isn't new. 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Lots of bad, lots of good. Drop D is like the ultimate baby step in tuning changes, everyones done it at least once. I'm pretty sure blink has - isn't Kaleidoscope drop D? and Asthenia? 

Even "Time To Break Up" is half step down and drop C#, and most of Untitled was recorded in C# 

Tom messing with tunings isn't new. 

Not the good ones.

• Crab 1

On 4/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, kibbles said:

Riot Fest is known for getting reunion shows, what if they have Box Car Racer do a reunion show and release this song with the announcement! 😛 

I would keep my 2021 tickets to this show since I was thinking of pushing them back for the 2022 show since MCR postponed again... BCR would be so sick.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, Johnny Two Bags said:I see your point too and you’re also right. Personally I don’t think that chick is anything special at all and Tom is crazy. With all the women out there he chooses that one who also was his supposed friends wife. It’s weak, and I guess I don’t have a problem with people continuing to rib at Tom for it 

Yeah, I see what you mean. Like, maybe they’re a great match, but it is kind of weird. Kind of a tangent, but I honestly wish Tom could tell his side of the story about the divorce. Because I’m sure it’s much more complicated than the conclusions people are drawing based on very limited info. But he can’t bc he’d be airing out his family’s private business so he’s in an awkward place.