The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

So what exactly is the deal with this unreleased Box Car Racer song coming out? I've seen Travis talk about it in a few interviews over the last year or so, and it sounds like it's gonna be on the new Angels and Airwaves album, right?  But when was it actually recorded? Is this like a genuinely missing track from 2002 (even if rerecorded or remastered for a 2021 release) or is it something more recent that Tom and Travis created? Hoping more that it is a genuinely missing track from the 2002 album sessions. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

19 minutes ago, kibbles said:

No it’s not part of the AvA record, Tom said they are trying to figure out how/when to release it.

translation "yeah there's a BCR song, I'm gonna talk about it so you get interested and buy pre-order packages, but I doubt it gets released."

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

We will never, ever, see this Box Car unreleased song in our lifetimes.

That would be sweet though, and random.

How sweet would unreleased Blink 182 songs be from their heyday? That would honestly make up for all of this California era nonsense.

They don’t have any. Do your research. 

9 hours ago, kibbles said:

No it’s not part of the AvA record, Tom said they are trying to figure out how/when to release it.

Oh nuts, not sure where I heard that Tom was actually going to release it on the new album, but it appears I was misinformed.

I suppose it might make sense to just release a 20th anniversary version of the BCR album and include it there next year. But I can't wait that long lol.

I wonder if they have any pro recorded BCR live shows, would be great to hear a decent quality live recording of Mandy and Dance With Me as well. I'm sure they could easily make a decent 20th anniversary issue of the album if they wanted including content like that as well. 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:04 PM, Russel Coight said:

Well now he has time to post 8 or so blink throwbacks before it releases because he’s feeling nostalgic and definitely not because he’s trying to pump up hype.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COeWpJLph9r/?igshid=rgt9mpybi3zl

Here’s the first. Like fucking clockwork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4