The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 minutes ago, Cum said:

He wore a beanie to his wedding hahahaha 

Sounds like it was just a court ceremony ... I don't know how it isn't there in CA but you can't wear any non-religious head covering in a courthouse here.

10 hours ago, madgaz182 said:

Tom married his new girlfriend , no hate at all but can’t help but see his nee girlfriend as a Jennifer rip off , she’s like her twin or something 

I mean, they don’t look alike to me at all. I know you’re not the only person to think this, but idk, I get major “all blue-eyed pretty, thin white women from Southern California with long smooth hair and a center part are interchangeable to me” vibes from this take. Idk. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Sounds like it was just a court ceremony ... I don't know how it isn't there in CA but you can't wear any non-religious head covering in a courthouse here.

I’m in California, and here, it would be entirely up to the judge. If they don’t have a problem with it, you can wear whatever you want. 

how it started:

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

hell, anything BCR related at this point would get me hyped. One shitty piece of new Box Car merch? I'll take it!

how it’s going:

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

meh, I already have the record on vinyl and it was significantly cheaper than that.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Depf said:

But was it ordered 6 months in advance so that it could be pressed super cheap in china?

Well at least this is several leagues below the stars scam.

Please never leave Skiba, we love you. we need you

to be fair, you're probably wrong about a lot of this. i doubt it's being "pressed super cheap in china." 

due to pressing plants and lacquer facilities ceasing to exist in the US, it's taking 6+ months to press any vinyl at all because it's mostly being done by pressing plants in Europe (Not China). combine this backup with covid and you have massive delays. i'm not sure if they are charging more for services either.

regardless, i'm sure they are tacking an extra $30 on for the lame signed print, though. 

7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

damn don't buy it then lol. i got mine for $12 at the mall in like 2009 so i personally don't care what people have to spend to get one now. 

same. hot topic in 2010. never needed another copy. sounds fabulous too

So it'll be out next year?  Guess any hope for a proper 20th anniversary edition with maybe the unreleased song isn't in the cards. 

I don't get it,  they're talking about this unreleased BCR song all of a sudden, making it sound like it's gonna be released any day, and then when we get news of a new BCR release in the form of a vinyl repress, coming out 20 years after the original album released, and the unreleased song is nowhere to be found.  The most logical place to put it and they're just passing up the opportunity. If Tom is looking for the right place and time to release the track, I really can't fathom where else would be better. Plus, that one track alone could attract a lot more fans to the vinyl repress, even at a $70 price point. 

9 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

travis mentioned the song existing a few years ago and a radio host recently asked tom about it during an interview. he wasn't necessarily hyping it or promising some cool 20th anniversary thing at all. he didn't even know it was the albums anniversary 

But Tom literally said: “I think whenever the time’s right or it makes sense, we’re gonna release it."

Making this repress instead a proper 20th anniversary release would clearly be the right time and where it would make most sense to include it. 

I'm genuinely shocked that Tom and Travis allegedly wrote and recorded a Box Car Racer song!? WTF that is pretty gigantic news.

I know Travis has said random vague shit in the past like "maybe we'll do Box Car Racer again someday" but there was never anything solid right?

• Wow 1