The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

9 hours ago, M!ke said:

But Tom literally said: “I think whenever the time’s right or it makes sense, we’re gonna release it."

Making this repress instead a proper 20th anniversary release would clearly be the right time and where it would make most sense to include it. 

Didnt david Kennedy literally say in a podcast last month that when tom records, that all the songs hes had or worked on end up on the album, theres never any left or scrapped.. something like that..

So i doubt there's any unreleased box car song... if there was any id think it would of been used for the untitled record in some way shape or form.

6 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Didnt david Kennedy literally say in a podcast last month that when tom records, that all the songs hes had or worked on end up on the album, theres never any left or scrapped.. something like that..

So i doubt there's any unreleased box car song... if there was any id think it would of been used for the untitled record in some way shape or form.

Enema, Dude Ranch & Untitled all had songs that were scrapped or didn't make the album ... BCR had Dance With Me.

Edited by Speedo

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

I mean there’s unreleased songs from the dream walker sessions. He has unreleased songs, but it’s enough to go on a deluxe edition. Not 20-50 songs like a lot of writers do

3 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Yes he did say that but he did it in an exaggerated way to make his point.

We all know Tom has heaps of unreleased stuff, he released a demos album with some older stuff (and newer), he released the demos for the dream walker that had unreleased songs on it etc

I can’t find the video to prove it but back when a second +44 album was still happening I watched an interview with the band where Craig said they had like 37 (maybe 27, idk it was a long time ago!) songs written for the album. I wonder if any of them became something we’ve actually heard.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I can’t find the video to prove it but back when a second +44 album was still happening I watched an interview with the band where Craig said they had like 37 (maybe 27, idk it was a long time ago!) songs written for the album. I wonder if any of them became something we’ve actually heard.

I am going to assume that Mark's efforts on Neighborhoods were definitely from some of those. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Hey, I read somewhere here that Mark is going to have Tom on his radio podcast or something to talk about the new AVA album. Is that true, and when is that happening?

Yes. Not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brannigan said:

Darn. do you where Mark had said this, whether it be an interview somewhere or something?

It's somewhere here on the board but I'm not sure where. I think it was mentioned on his twitch or something. 

On 5/6/2021 at 10:29 PM, twentytwenty said:

Yes he did say that but he did it in an exaggerated way to make his point.

We all know Tom has heaps of unreleased stuff, he released a demos album with some older stuff (and newer), he released the demos for the dream walker that had unreleased songs on it etc

We don’t know that though. His demo album were just ideas he finally brought to life to try and save face (“see guys I was working on new blink I swear!” -after dragging his feet for months and getting kicked out) and/or make some money. That doesn’t mean he has tons of songs recorded and leftover. Him and mark have always both been adamant that they don’t ever have leftover songs. David Kennedy confirmed that for Tom as well so I’m not sure why we’d still be speculating and hoping that he has leftover scraps for you, other than ideas and riffs in his head 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

We don’t know that though. His demo album were just ideas he finally brought to life to try and save face (“see guys I was working on new blink I swear!” -after dragging his feet for months and getting kicked out) and/or make some money. That doesn’t mean he has tons of songs recorded and leftover. Him and mark have always both been adamant that they don’t ever have leftover songs. David Kennedy confirmed that for Tom as well so I’m not sure why we’d still be speculating and hoping that he has leftover scraps for you, other than ideas and riffs in his head 

There where only one or maybe two songs that was intended for blink on that album, the rest were old AVA scraps. The dream walker demos album had tons of unreleased and unfinished songs.

I'm not hoping that he has leftover scraps for me, I'm just stating facts. 

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

There where only one or maybe two songs that was intended for blink on that album, the rest were old AVA scraps. The dream walker demos album had tons of unreleased and unfinished songs.

I'm not hoping that he has leftover scraps for me, I'm just stating facts. 

Yea I mean he might have some leftover hot garbage for ya lol.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

Again no ones saying he has millions of scrapped demos. But does he have 3-4 scrapped songs and ideas that are pretty well progressed from each album session? Yes we have proof of that

• Like 2

"The Empire Club"... what is this load of shit? Does the grift ever end with this guy? Why can't he just write and release music like a normal human. Want to make more money? Write and tour more.

AKA- Work!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1