The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

39 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Again no ones saying he has millions of scrapped demos. But does he have 3-4 scrapped songs and ideas that are pretty well progressed from each album session? Yes we have proof of that

Where’s your proof? Your proof is that he had a few ideas in the past?

18 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

Where’s your proof? Your proof is that he had a few ideas in the past?

We know that there were demos for the dream walker, we have them. We know there were unused demos for untitled. We know there were a couple unused songs for boxcar, we have them. We know there were a couple unused songs for I empire. We know there were a couple unused enema demos. I really don’t know what you’re getting at...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

We know that there were demos for the dream walker, we have them. We know there were unused demos for untitled. We know there were a couple unused songs for boxcar, we have them. We know there were a couple unused songs for I empire. We know there were a couple unused enema demos. I really don’t know what you’re getting at...

Things from the past don’t equate to proof that he has something new. I’m not following your logic. Do you know what the word proof means? Or do you learn your English from Jan? Also, what couple songs do you have that were unreleased for Boxcar? A shitty audio of a Barry Manilow cover? Lol

38 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

Things from the past don’t equate to proof that he has something new. I’m not following your logic. Do you know what the word proof means? Or do you learn your English from Jan? Also, what couple songs do you have that were unreleased for Boxcar? A shitty audio of a Barry Manilow cover? Lol

mom, he's doing it again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been a tad more forgiving of Tom's antics these last few years. I've chosen to be amused, more than annoyed... 

But this shameless, money grabbing bullshit has shattered that briefly.

Seriously, who the fuck does he think he is? "Give me almost $100 and I'll give you a 10% discount and some fucking coffee, isn't that special?" what fucking nonesense. 

Promising behind the scenes things and livestreams and Q and As they will basically not deliver, for music they'll barely ever create. 

I mean fuck at least modlife was monthly and you could nope the fuck out when it turned out to be absolute wank. Fucking ANNUAL UPFRONT COST. 

Patreon exists, an already established platform but no no, Tom is *so special* he'll up front shaft you instead in his own shiny bullshit way. 

Seriously fuck him. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, Speedo said:

You could probably just not give him a 100 bucks and not get worked up about it at all. As they say - a fool and his money ...

Of course I'm not buying it, but you fucking know some mega fans will do it because they wanna support him. While they have their own power regarding their money, it's still shitty to dangle this wank carrot for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

I have been a tad more forgiving of Tom's antics these last few years. I've chosen to be amused, more than annoyed... 

Seriously, who the fuck does he think he is? "Give me almost $100 and I'll give you a 10% discount and some fucking coffee, isn't that special?" what fucking nonesense. 

Promising behind the scenes things and livestreams and Q and As they will basically not deliver, for music they'll barely ever create. 

I mean fuck at least modlife was monthly and you could nope the fuck out when it turned out to be absolute wank. Fucking ANNUAL UPFRONT COST. 

Patreon exists, an already established platform but no no, Tom is *so special* he'll up front shaft you instead in his own shiny bullshit way. 

Seriously fuck him. 

He needs to just get on Cameo and charge $500 to have him say or do something crazy and be done with it.

At least it would be an honest transaction.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

Seriously fuck him. 

I said basically this same thing to him in an instagram comments section (maybe a little more concise and with some...colorful language) and got the block button years ago.

He knows this is the truth and knows he's taking advantage of his fans, it sucks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

Of course I'm not buying it, but you fucking know some mega fans will do it because they wanna support him. While they have their own power regarding their money, it's still shitty to dangle this wank carrot for them. 

It's worth it to those people, take your judgey pants off.

• Crab 1

He's literally charging people up front to give them a small discount to buy more shit from him.

Oh and a bag of coffee he buys at cost from a band member's coffee company? And a .99 flag from China.

We all know none of the other shit will happen because this is the third time he has tried this particular scam.

You can be a tombot and not defend this ya know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He's literally charging people up front to give them a small discount to buy more shit from him.

Oh and a bag of coffee he buys at cost from a band member's coffee company? And a .99 flag from China.

We all know none of the other shit will happen because this is the third time he has tried this particular scam.

You can be a tombot and not defend this ya know

What I love is the two different discounts for two different merch stores. Because for some reason you need two stores for merch of the same fucking band? 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

33 minutes ago, ye. said:

mom, he's doing it again

What, pointing out facts? Thank God you guys aren’t lawyers, cops, prosecutors, and I hope to God not jurors. Because I had marijuana in the past at all times in my pocket, is that proof that I have marijuana in my pocket right now? That’s the logic you’re using as “proof.” 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

What, pointing out facts? Thank God you guys aren’t lawyers, cops, prosecutors, and I hope to God not jurors. Because I had marijuana in the past at all times in my pocket, is that proof that I have marijuana in my pocket right now? That’s the logic you’re using as “proof.” 

Lie to me and say you don't, reeferhead.

Why does Tom have to be so over-complicated with this stuff?  Why not just hop on Cameo or Patreon like others have said, or just about anything other than super random scams for no reason...he's like still a celebrity and would not surprise me if he started selling Cutco knives or World Venture travel packages tomorrow on his instagram.  It's mind bending why he doesn't just make it easy and do what every other celebrity does, which takes way less effort and angles.

• Like 1

Just now, Cavalier Jan said:

Why does Tom have to be so over-complicated with this stuff?  Why not just hop on Cameo or Patreon like others have said, or just about anything other than super random scams for no reason...he's like still a celebrity and would not surprise me if he started selling Cutco knives or World Venture travel packages tomorrow on his instagram.  It's mind bending why he doesn't just make it easy and do what every other celebrity does, which takes way less effort and angles.

because he genuinely believes he is a creative genius.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dude if Tom wasn't famous he would have literally been that guy leading 3 pyramid schemes at once, heading every presentation on college campuses with his long hair slicked back.

I remember I didn't get into bitcoin in 2011 because it was following a pyramid scheme/multi level marketing presentation right after and I was like fuck this.  Fucking hate pyramid scammers.