The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

52 minutes ago, Kay said:

I have been a tad more forgiving of Tom's antics these last few years. I've chosen to be amused, more than annoyed... 

But this shameless, money grabbing bullshit has shattered that briefly.

Seriously, who the fuck does he think he is? "Give me almost $100 and I'll give you a 10% discount and some fucking coffee, isn't that special?" what fucking nonesense. 

Promising behind the scenes things and livestreams and Q and As they will basically not deliver, for music they'll barely ever create. 

I mean fuck at least modlife was monthly and you could nope the fuck out when it turned out to be absolute wank. Fucking ANNUAL UPFRONT COST. 

Patreon exists, an already established platform but no no, Tom is *so special* he'll up front shaft you instead in his own shiny bullshit way. 

Seriously fuck him. 

The funny thing about the live streams and shit is you know damn well they'll do them for awhile then eventually just like modlife boom they'll be done and still charging people. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy030 said:

The funny thing about the live streams and shit is you know damn well they'll do them for awhile then eventually just like modlife boom they'll be done and still charging people. 

or it will just turn into streams of the two brothers. 

Which whatever, someone's mileage may vary, but I wouldn't spend any money at all to watch a stream with anyone from the band besides Tom.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

What, pointing out facts? Thank God you guys aren’t lawyers, cops, prosecutors, and I hope to God not jurors. Because I had marijuana in the past at all times in my pocket, is that proof that I have marijuana in my pocket right now? That’s the logic you’re using as “proof.” 

johnny two bags destroys the libs using facts and logic 

2 hours ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

What, pointing out facts? Thank God you guys aren’t lawyers, cops, prosecutors, and I hope to God not jurors. Because I had marijuana in the past at all times in my pocket, is that proof that I have marijuana in my pocket right now? That’s the logic you’re using as “proof.” 

I was stating that David exaggerated to make his point stronger on the podcast and considering that Tom has released lots of demos before on different occasions, the probability is that he has a, albeit small, pile of unfinished material from all, or most of his records and projects, that’s basically obvious. Nevertheless, you continue to disregard that probability based on past events and claim that there is no evidence that he has demos for today's projects. You also continue to try to change our claims of evidence, again, unsuccessfully, from past to present in an attempt to ridicule us. Therefore your argument doesn’t hold up, therefore you don’t have any ground to stand on. The defense rests, Your Honor

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I was stating that David exaggerated to make his point stronger on the podcast and considering that Tom has released lots of demos before on different occasions, the probability is that he has a, albeit small, pile of unfinished material from all, or most of his records and projects, that’s basically obvious. Nevertheless, you continue to disregard that probability based on past events and claim that there is no evidence that he has demos for today's projects. You also continue to try to change our claims of evidence, again, unsuccessfully, from past to present in an attempt to ridicule us. Therefore your argument doesn’t hold up, therefore you don’t have any ground to stand on. The defense rests, Your Honor

Haha dude I’m not trying to argue with you. I love you

• Haha 2

The birthday message which is the only reason to get the top tier ISNT EVEN A PERSONALIZED MESSAGE, it’s just some pre recorded message from the band saying happy birthday that plays when you log in on your birthday week hahahahaha. This can’t be real.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Anyone else just pissing themselves imagine the posts going on at the “private forum” you get to access? Like fucking hell it just must be the largest gathering of Tombots assembled since Tomsangels was around. The amount of Tom cock sucking going on must be insane. I’m sure @Neal will confirm I’m right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Musicians are trying out alternative ways to make money since there is a pandemic and album sales are shit in general?

Absolutely shocked. How dare you, tom.

You guys are pathetic getting so worked up over this. You probably won't spend a dime listening to the new ava record which probably cost him 10s of thousands of dollars. He wasn't able to tour. Ava is a tiny band compared to blink. What is he supposed to do? Go bankrupt like a lot of you guys have been hoping for for years?

I don't find the packages appealing at all. So i won't sign up. 

If you're in to this kind of stuff, then go for it. 

Free will is not such a difficult concept

• Crab 3

4 hours ago, Neal said:

Musicians are trying out alternative ways to make money since there is a pandemic and album sales are shit in general?

Absolutely shocked. How dare you, tom.

You guys are pathetic getting so worked up over this. You probably won't spend a dime listening to the new ava record which probably cost him 10s of thousands of dollars. He wasn't able to tour. Ava is a tiny band compared to blink. What is he supposed to do? Go bankrupt like a lot of you guys have been hoping for for years?

I don't find the packages appealing at all. So i won't sign up. 

If you're in to this kind of stuff, then go for it. 

Free will is not such a difficult concept

Oh get off your high horse. 

Tom is literally worth millions, and there's a lot of already established methods of making money as a band that doesn't rip off a fan base so blatantly. He could've gone through Patreon to offer similar rewards but with a guarantee - some you only pay when they actually put something out, or it's per month. Or he could've gotten a Cameo account if he wanted to get paid for direct fan contact. 

The only reason not to use an established and versatile platform like that is if you don't want the checks and balances in place. He knows he won't deliver most of this shit - it's why there's only annual options. It's all cash upfront with the full knowledge that he's actually delivering very little. 

He has a proven track record of promising a lot, delivering little, and charging extremes for absolute fuck all.

Don't compare him to the average struggling musician, I know you know that he is nothing of the sort. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Oh get off your high horse. 

Tom is literally worth millions, and there's a lot of already established methods of making money as a band that doesn't rip off a fan base so blatantly. He could've gone through Patreon to offer similar rewards but with a guarantee - some you only pay when they actually put something out, or it's per month. Or he could've gotten a Cameo account if he wanted to get paid for direct fan contact. 

The only reason not to use an established and versatile platform like that is if you don't want the checks and balances in place. He knows he won't deliver most of this shit - it's why there's only annual options. It's all cash upfront with the full knowledge that he's actually delivering very little. 

He has a proven track record of promising a lot, delivering little, and charging extremes for absolute fuck all.

Don't compare him to the average struggling musician, I know you know that he is nothing of the sort. 

What high horse?

I just don't care anymore. Tom has started so many of these stupid platforms, i can't even keep track which is which. and same as with every other platform he had, he will deliver some stuff in the first months and then it will slowly fade out into nothing. i doubt there will be a second anual payment as the platform will be nomans land by then.

i'm pretty sure that people who will sing up for this are well aware of that. they just want to support their favorite artist, regardles of the reward they get. add a vibe of fake exclusitivity and the tombots will eat that shit up. 

I love tom's music but i don't see any benefits in such things for me, so i don't sign up. if he releases the new album on vinyl, i'll probably get that since that is the way i choose to support artists.

somehow tom managed to generate superfans who support him no matter how stupid his idea is. so in someway, he kinda earned that.

If you really think this club will be more than that, then i can't help you.

i'm just done with constantly spreading negativity towards things that don't need to affect me if i choose not to participate.  same with blink. i don't like their new music. bitching on here about it doesn't change that, so i just move on.

• Haha 1

nah, i'm not mad at all. i just offered you an alternative to the constant negativity on here. i didn't realise it would trigger so many of you.

I love this place, but it's driven by negativity so i don't post that often anymore. and as it seems, if you choose not to post negative as well, you get attacked for it yourself, kinda sad.

I'm kind of in a good place right now, thanks kay.

edit: i hope you all know that my remark at @Russel Coight was meant as a joke. i love the dude