The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 minutes ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Oh I know. I can surely appreciate one who has no desire to see blink live anymore. I’ll take what I can get! I just sat outside in the cold and rain to go see some indie rock band my GF loves called Mt Joy this past weekend lol. But it was first post COVID concert…they had pods set up to keep people separated and we were told to wear masks outside. Wonder if that is going to be the future of concerts 

I'm just not a fan of big arena shows, always preferred the small venue shows. Pay at the door, don't have to use Ticketmaster, no absurd traffic and enjoy the show from the back or the bar. The lack of a massive crowd is a plus too. The last big arena show I went to was Green Day in 2006, I believe. It just wasn't very fun. I rarely even go to shows anymore and I think my show going days are pretty much over with now anyway, the covid protocols kind of seem like they'd ruin the small show experience that I enjoyed so I'm happy to leave that behind.

• Like 1

Also everywhere I look all of toms die hard fans hate this. The Ava movement Facebook hates this and the subreddit hates this. They all remember modlife and how Tom would get on for five minutes once every two months to say hi and how there were things promised in those packages that never happened. It’s honestly just crazy to me they think this is a good idea? Ava has been an inactive less than part time band for ten years now with Tom really the only active person related to the band. Yes Ilan is active but only to the point he goes in and records for Tom. He doesn’t talk about Ava unless he has to. So why created year long subscriptions for a fan club you know will be inactive for several years outside of the six months of activity during this album cycle. Who thought this was a good idea? 10% discount on merch? What merch? The band releases a new album every few years what am I going to do buy more than one tshirt and a vinyl every few years. Save what maybe $5? It’s not like you’re doing weekly shopping at Nordstrom lol. And every piece of content put on there will just be leaked.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm just not a fan of big arena shows, always preferred the small venue shows. Pay at the door, don't have to use Ticketmaster, no absurd traffic and enjoy the show from the back or the bar. The lack of a massive crowd is a plus too. The last big arena show I went to was Green Day in 2006, I believe. It just wasn't very fun. I rarely even go to shows anymore and I think my show going days are pretty much over with now anyway, the covid protocols kind of seem like they'd ruin the small show experience that I enjoyed so I'm happy to leave that behind.

For sure, the club shows are the best. 

If you subscribe to this thing, you're not even guaranteed access to pre-sale tickets, meet & greets and early entrance to the shows. They just give you a bag of coffee and access to merch so you're paying money to spend more money on their merch. It's awful and it's crazy how people blindly throw money at Tom every single time.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

@NotNow so who's buying this shit then?  Someone has to be.

I’m sure there’s some buying it but I have a feeling they’re going to be quite surprised that it significantly under performs the numbers they’re projecting. Which in turn will make the band not incentivized to use the platform, pissing off the fans that did pay; a vicious cycle. Also all of the Ava fans are adults now with kids is what they’re commenting in the groups and how they don’t have time for this even if it was good versus ten years ago. It is kind of interesting how fan groups actually do age at some point and stop bringing in new young fans.

Regardless I would say the overall reaction to this from Ava fans is very negative everywhere I look.

@Elisa you are guaranteed pre sale tickets to the point that there are enough allocated pre sale tickets and meet and greets available to accommodate all members of the club. If they allocate 500 tickets yea likely it will cover everyone in that location that’s in the club but they can’t make the promise. That part I don’t see too bad. Although paying a membership for a pre sale is dumb in the first place.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

There is a member counter and it’s not high tbh... I’ll be happy if it gets me early access to VIP tix and some demos or listening parties.

The lowest tier is $20 I think, worth a trial for a year. David’s intro video is clearly what he referenced in that pod interview btw.

Well what’s the number?

• Like 3

I honestly don't think the membership thing is a problem, just bc you can get it for $20 annually, and musicians don't really make money from their music anymore. Kinda think it's a non issue. The higher levels are overpriced, but eh most band stuff is (merch etc.)

To The Stars is the actual scam people should be mad about, imo

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I enjoyed the first BTS video they have of Tom describing the new album, sprinkle in a few of those with limited vinyl and early access to tickets and it is well worth $4.08/month imho. 

And that’s not even getting into the monthly livestreams/demos/studio stuff they’re promising.

We have blink182italia to share all of that stuff with us though?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Or support artists you enjoy? Don’t really see the problem here.

I’m just joking I’m not actually suggesting there’s not value to bts content just because you can easily “steal” it.

3 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Tom should start an Only Fans. He would probably get more subscribers. 

lol dude, Tom could tell gross jokes on a subscription plan and I'd probably subscribe. It's not the fact that he's trying to make money. It's the fact that he tries to make money without offering real services.

It's like the investment scam. It doesn't sit well with me morally.

• Like 9

Or maybe, and bare with me here as I'm just spitballing, it could be a way to get some kind of income to the rest of the band members?

If they deliver on their promises on this thing it's fucking amazing for the fans of the band. 

Modlife was a great and innovative idea at the time that had multiple chats where fans could chat with band members, webcam live streams, early bird access to tons of stuff etc. You guys are acting like it was a dead site

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

If they deliver on their promises on this thing it's fucking amazing for the fans of the band.

The problem is that there is an IF involved at all.

He has promised services that there is almost no chance he delivers. 

How do I know he won’t? Because he has done this before. Multiple times. He never delivers.

I would know, I joined Army of Angels right off the bat and all I got was a dead message board with Ryan Sinn apologizing for how shitty it was... and an AVA pin. 

• Like 2

Absolutely disgusting from Tom, especially during COVID. 

Why the hell do these rich celebrities need to charge those type of prices? How about you prove your worth and then start charging later down the line. 

I guarantee you they'll retract these prices and apologize for it. So fucking typical.