The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

I had no clue what he was saying half the time. I'm getting too old for new music, I need to switch to country.

Come over to team country, we’re waiting with open arms with some Luke Combs blasting the stereo! @daveyjones said I was a piece of shit for listening to it, but dammit I don’t care, it’s amazing music.

I enjoy the verses and riff a lot but that chorus is just not it. Last one is good when its guitar driven but overall there just isnt really a hook.  Also Tom will never be able to sing that live.  

Is that the same girl from the kiss and tell video?

• Like 1

I listened to it 4 times this morning and I can’t remember any part of it now. Normally a Tom/blink song gets stuck in my head pretty quick. Don’t think this will work too well as the lead single. Really should have hung onto K&T until the album was ready.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ghent said:

It would actually surprise me more if they DID get exclusive access to the song. That's how bad Tom's history is with this sort of thing. Once he gets the money, he no longer cares.

Tom promised Modlife members exclusive music. I was a Modlife member for a few months. No exclusive music. Not any after I cancelled my subscription either. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Tom promised Modlife members exclusive music. I was a Modlife member for a few months. No exclusive music. Not any after I cancelled my subscription either. 🤷‍♂️

I enjoyed it for the podcasts and the behind the scenes video and access to the instrumentals of the entire library but there were so many other promises left unfulfilled. He even talked about releasing a only-punk/BCR b side album. The guy has so many great ideas in his head but his follow through really is something left to be admired now a days. 

I'm still waiting for the rest of the WDNTW acoustic album...something tells me it was just too difficult to make it sound good given the fact that the four songs we got took more than half a year to even record.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mau5 said:

I enjoyed it for the podcasts and the behind the scenes video and access to the instrumentals of the entire library but there were so many other promises left unfulfilled. He even talked about releasing a only-punk/BCR b side album. The guy has so many great ideas in his head but his follow through really is something left to be admired now a days. 

I'm still waiting for the rest of the WDNTW acoustic album...something tells me it was just too difficult to make it sound good given the fact that the four songs we got took more than half a year to even record.

I was weirdly just thinking about that yesterday haha. Tom definitely said Angels & Airwaves was making a punk album that "sounded like Box Car Racer" before the LOVE albums came out.

Modlife was honestly pretty great for the short time that I used it, even if Tom didn't fulfill all of his promises. Interacting with him and the other bandmembers on the Modchats was a good time. I got Tom to play a couple of songs I requested on his acoustic guitar. Plus I got to go to a meet & greet which are insanely expensive these days. If Modlife was still around I'd seriously consider being a member again.

edit: and YES i'm dying for the rest of WDNTW acoustic. That EP is my favorite thing AVA has done in so long. Sadly I doubt we'll ever get the rest.

Not the biggest fan of this song tbh. I feel like the vocal melodies just doesn't work with that heavy riff. There's just no chorus until the outro really, when all the guitars kick in. I also feel like the final chorus is ruined by all the synths and electronics. There's too much going on. On the clips it sounded way better. I think the vocal melody is catchy enough for the chorus. If this song was for blink, it'd be 100 times better.

The song has similar vibes to Paralyzed which I thought was a trash song. This is better but Tom can do way better still. It's basically a Love Part III track. Just not a fan of that kind of sound.