The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Yeah I've had it on repeat this morning, fully down the rabbit hole, I love this song haha

Getting more and more of the lyrics and some are definitely dumb Tom stuff but the chorus seems not so silly so that's something. 

But yeah after a few listens it doesn't sound disjointed anymore, it's just a sleeper for sure. 

• Like 1

It's already growing on me. Super catchy chorus that I didn't really appreciate on the first listen. Definitely gonna be listening to this more than I thought (I only listened to the previous song twice ever. The second time was today lol. I don't even know what that song is called)

• Like 1

I wish I could hear what everyone else is hearing on the final chorus, but I guess it's just not hitting me that way. I think I'm done with this song, I just don't like it. I'm still looking forward to the album though. 

• Like 3

I just wish the vocals of the chorus never had so much effects on them. Can barely hear the guitar in the final chorus either, since all the synths and electronics make it sound all muddled into the mix.

Would've been way better if the song was kept a bit more simple. I always liked AVA leaning into the more simple direction for the Dream Walker album and Chasing Shadows EP. It's like they're going back to the LOVE sound where there's just way too much going on. Sometimes less is more impactful and I feel like this would've been 10 times better by having less shit going on.

• Like 1

his lyrics are SO dumb.  "it seems the wind has killed the dove" 

U Wot M8.

This song pisses me off because so many parts seem good, then don't flow into one another or are unfinished.  The HeAvY riff is like, 60% of a riff.  Every time I hear it, my brain/ear is begging for the "conclusion" of the riff, something extra, but nope. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

U Wot M8.

This song pisses me off because so many parts seem good, then don't flow into one another or are unfinished.  The HeAvY riff is like, 60% of a riff.  Every time I hear it, my brain/ear is begging for the "conclusion" of the riff, something extra, but nope. 

Total opposite for me. Song drags on forever and doesn't really go anywhere, but I could live in the verses. Chorus is boring

2 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

U Wot M8.

That line is one of the worst definitely and I was with you on the riff but after more listens it kind of works. I think the song in general would be better with more guitar focus though. 

The synth should be extra atmospheric touches, not the bulk of it.