The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

If I could afford to, I would pay for monthly patreons for small creators and artists who I know need the support and are set up to deliver on their promises. 

Supporting art isn't the issue, supporting yet another cash grabby endeavour by Tom that he'll get bored of in a month or two is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Tom refused to take pics and ran away from fans and shut the door behind him, leaving Atom Matt and David to do the meet and greeting at the Modlife meet and greet I did once upon a time.

10 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

We all know Tom is fine, I’m supporting Matt/Ilan/David/TTS tbh. 

Do you really think they get a cut from this? Didn't David just say he was only a "fan" of the band the other day? lol

3 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Is blink online twitter slowly becoming as corrupted of the mind as Tom?

I am assuming it's more or less just a second Blink 182 Twitter account rather than a board specific account. 

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I genuinely wonder when it was exactly that Tom changed his view on fans? I assume when they blew up and it became uncomfortable. 

It’s crazy how many stories I hear of Mark going out of his way to be cool to fans, and how many I hear of Tom going out of his way to avoid them.

I mean you got people like Leo out there... I don't blame Tom one bit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

It’s crazy how many stories I hear of Mark going out of his way to be cool to fans, and how many I hear of Tom going out of his way to avoid them.

man I wonder where I've heard this before?  Kind of seems like there is a pattern here....

It's almost 300 dollars (90 + 200) to attend a soundcheck and have an early access to their merch, so you're paying 300 dollars to be able to give them more money for their merch when you're at the venue.
Last night everyone was disappointed because there were limited tickets on the pre-sale for the club and they're gonna have to wait until the general sale to even score just a ticket. How is that not a ripoff? And what are they getting the other 11 months of the year for their membership that actually won't be available to us? 

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

It's almost 300 dollars (90 + 200) to attend a soundcheck and have an early access to their merch, so you're paying 300 dollars to be able to give them more money for their merch when you're at the venue.
Last night everyone was disappointed because there were limited tickets on the pre-sale for the club and they're gonna have to wait until the general sale to even score just a ticket. How is that not a ripoff? And what are they getting the other 11 months of the year for their membership that actually won't be available to us? 

You tell 'em!

• Haha 1

It's not about the money. It's about him collecting up front for something he has failed to deliver on repeatedly over the course of 15 years.

Signed, Army of Angels fan club member, 2006. Modlife member, 2008-2009. To The Stars Academy observer, 2017

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I wasn’t on ModLife so I’m not sure how that ended or how it left people feeling, though I typically hear good things about the M&Gs and access I thought?

Modlife was really fun at the beginning when the band (the whole band, not just Tom) actively used it all the time. Getting to regularly chat with all the bandmembers on livestreams was a lot of fun. The content they released at first was pretty good. The meet & greet I went to was the cheapest I'll ever get to meet a blink-182 member for and it was great. But over time the band kind of just stopped using it, promised benefits never were released, and it got to the point that you were paying a monthly fee for essentially nothing. Still, it was a lot of fun at first.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's not about the money. It's about him collecting up front for something he has failed to deliver on repeatedly over the course of 15 years.

Signed, Army of Angels fan club member, 2006. Modlife member, 2008-2009. To The Stars Academy observer, 2017

You were in the Army of Angels fan club?

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If this shit was a monthly sub again it wouldn’t seem as dodgy. Let people pay for a month and if they like the content they receive pay for another month and so on.

The full money upfront thing is fucked because when, not if, they stop delivering content there’s no chance you’ll get reimbursed or anything like that. Your money is just gone.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

If this shit was a monthly sub again it wouldn’t seem as dodgy. Let people pay for a month and if they like the content they receive pay for another month and so on.

The full money upfront thing is fucked because when, not if, they stop delivering content there’s no chance you’ll get reimbursed or anything like that. Your money is just gone.

Gotcha! here's your bag of coffee, thanks for the 100 bucks!