The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I thought AvA Tom was gay af in action from the get go ... really like Whisper though, just didn't have any desire to see Tom prance around like a fairy princess via music video or live.

Yeah I never endorsed his look or stage actions. Has been douchy from the start. I liked the band image and general sound in the early days though.

The horse he's been beating has been dead since like 2008.

I hated Tom for AVA, hated all the albums, everything about it. I was the ultimate Tom hater. It's like me and Ghent literally swapped attitudes with each other haha

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

If you listen to AVA today, what album would you put on? I’m looking at you too @Ghent , but to you I maybe have to rephrase the question, if you had to listen to AVA today, what album would you put on?

Chasing Shadows, Stomping The Phantom Brake, and the new stuff.

Whisper and Empire are kind of stale now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

If you listen to AVA today, what album would you put on? I’m looking at you too @Ghent , but to you I maybe have to rephrase the question, if you had to listen to AVA today, what album would you put on?

I-Empire probably... WDNTW close behind

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

WDNTW hands down.  Empire isn't nearly as good.

I absolutely hated Empire, it was all just a boring trod through uneventful nonsense. Whisper had some balls and the songs hit the way they were suppose to ... everything after that has been a snoozefest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I absolutely hated Empire, it was all just a boring trod through uneventful nonsense. Whisper had some balls and the songs hit the way they were suppose to ... everything after that has been a snoozefest.

Empire is "okay" then love 1&2 just ripped of empire except even more watered down. 

Although I'd take those over the new "Rubin" sound. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Empire is "okay" then love 1&2 just ripped of empire except even more watered down. 

Although I'd take those over the new "Rubin" sound. 

I didn't like the previous Rubin work but so far I'm digging the new songs. I'm not sure what the difference is for me but it is what it is.

19 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I didn't like the previous Rubin work but so far I'm digging the new songs. I'm not sure what the difference is for me but it is what it is.

I hate to call something gay in a derogatory way, but I just don't know how else to explain Rebel Girl or Kiss and Tell in any other way. They are gay.

• Haha 3
  • Crab 2

28 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I hate to call something gay in a derogatory way, but I just don't know how else to explain Rebel Girl or Kiss and Tell in any other way. They are gay.

Lame? Dumb? Cheesy? Weak? Pathetic? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kay said:

Lame? Dumb? Cheesy? Weak? Pathetic? 

Yeah it's all of those too

If you wanna dance, my love
My little rebel girl
Come a little closer now
And let me in your world

The shoe fits
My little Cinderella

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I think I-Empire, not that it's all that good but my neighbor in the dorms was a big AVA fan at that time and we listened to some kind of early teaser for that album while chilling in his dorm a lot so it has fun early college memories attached to it. I never got into WDNTW or anything else they've done.

• Like 1