The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Animals is on demos odds and ends

I was gonna say haha, one of the only ones I like on that festering turd of an album

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I was gonna say haha, one of the only ones I like on that festering turd of an album

Animals is fucking awesome. I don't care if i get roasted for that opinion. However I don't really remember any of the other songs other than the joke golden shower piss song.

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

I thought AvA Tom was gay af in action from the get go ... really like Whisper though, just didn't have any desire to see Tom prance around like a fairy princess via music video or live.

Yea me too. I thought the Adventure was good until the 2nd chorus and that was about all she wrote for me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I like most of that album tbh, suburban kings is my favorite though. I should add, I’ve only listened to the joke song once and only half way through, that type of thing doesn’t do it for me anymore

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

I like most of that album tbh, suburban kings is my favorite though. I should add, I’ve only listened to the joke song once and only half way through, that type of thing doesn’t do it for me anymore

The only ones I liked were invisible parade and animals. Circle jerk pit had some cool parts but most of the others were just cringey to me. Most seem to like suburban Kings but that one may be worse for me than the piss one tbh. 

2 hours ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Why so he can ruin BCR? How’s that supposed to work with the way he sings now?

A real producer wouldn’t allow him to sound like he does on AVA

• Love 1
  • Crab 2

10 minutes ago, Depf said:

How so? I would agree matt uses way too much modulation , especially live.

Drums sound compressed as hell (I know this is the wrong term, but they sound computer generated and overbearing), guitars are weak and don't stand out (listen to any of the new AvA for example vs California, and when the do stand out, it's a Goldfinger riff, not a blink feeling one or Alkaline), the bass is fine. Nine was better but it's own compilation of songwriters thing and not too memorable outside First Time for me.

The worst is the song structures though, how many songs were Adams song intro, mark verse, chorus, matt verse, chorus

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

Tom, Travis, and DK in the studio with Feldmann doing BCR. Give me that.

How you gonna neglect AC like that? For real though we should be questioning who plays bass because I’m sorry it ain’t Boxcar Racer if it’s Rubin in the band 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Drums sound compressed as hell (I know this is the wrong term, but they sound computer generated and overbearing), guitars are weak and don't stand out (listen to any of the new AvA for example vs California, and when the do stand out, it's a Goldfinger riff, not a blink feeling one or Alkaline), the bass is fine. Nine was better but it's own compilation of songwriters thing and not too memorable outside First Time for me.

The worst is the song structures though, how many songs were Adams song intro, mark verse, chorus, matt verse, chorus

They’ve always had that structure since enema , and most songs before they as well. Your point is moot mam. 

12 hours ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

They’ve always had that structure since enema , and most songs before they as well. Your point is moot mam. 

I think you need to re-listen to California. Every single song holds the same exact pattern outside of like 2 songs. There's no Matt only songs, there's no Mark only songs, there's 1 where Mark does all the verses I wanna say. Not counting Cynical.

Not only that how sad was it that Mark had to go first every time.

They just used a formula.

42 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

I think you need to re-listen to California. Every single song holds the same exact pattern outside of like 2 songs. There's no Matt only songs, there's no Mark only songs, there's 1 where Mark does all the verses I wanna say. Not counting Cynical.

Not only that how sad was it that Mark had to go first every time.

They just used a formula.

California is old news and they don't do that on NINE sooooooooo

• Like 1