The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Judging by what people writes on the movement fb group the members seems to be pretty happy with their memberships so far. Of course there are two sides there as well but at least the majority of what I’ve seen has been good things. 
Crazy.

To be fair, most of the AVA movement would be happy with Tom selling them his literal piss so I wouldnt consider their approval as a good litmus test. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Random side note - Euphoria, Kiss and Tell, Rebel Girl and now potentially this other new one = they're all songs about Girls. 

Seems kinda weird for AVA and for Tom in general really. Is the whole album gonna be one long "Omg I got a new woman and it's all I can think about"? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

To be fair, most of the AVA movement would be happy with Tom selling them his literal piss so I wouldnt consider their approval as a good litmus test. 

Exactly lol. I reckon half of them are just trying to justify their shitty purchase by trying to convince others and themselves that it was worth it.

I’d wager decent money that in a years time 75% of the current members won’t renew for another year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Random side note - Euphoria, Kiss and Tell, Rebel Girl and now potentially this other new one = they're all songs about Girls. 

Seems kinda weird for AVA and for Tom in general really. Is the whole album gonna be one long "Omg I got a new woman and it's all I can think about"? 

This. 

And after hearing that 'Automatic' snippet it's getting to the point that it's actually starting to worry me.

I mean I've been down with Angels & Airwaves since day 1, I've been with this band since the wdntw leaks days, the 'can't wait to get home and check ava news' days. 

I remember the days when those first I-Empire songs leaked (Secret Crowds, Magic, Lifeline and Sirens), or when that CD with 'My Only Fear' and 2-3 other Empire tracks (there was a demo of Breathe on it if remember correctly) was put on eBay before the album even came out.

Those really where some magical days..

The music was good but it always was and always has been about that feeling you'd get from listening to Angels.

I know some of y'all know what I'm talking about, Tom always intended us to get so passionate about this band and what it stood for. The extremely epic and uplifting music that made you feel as if you could conquer the world was only just a (small) part of that, movement.

So I'm getting older and the years go by but this band always pulled through, always kept me waiting for that next new project to be passionate about and the unforgetable moments that go with it.

But that's up until now, and I'm getting worried.

Honestly, I really don't like any of the songs beginning with Rebel Girl and anything that came after that.. But it didn't really bother me too much 'cause it's only 3-4 songs and the album had 12 right? So big deal, I've disliked so many of Angels' singles before (Secret Crowds, Epic Holiday, Hallucinations, etc.) so again, BIG DEAL.

But this Automatic snippet, the lyrics immediately suggest this is yet another 'about a girl' song once again..

So after digging through this thread trying to find out WTF is going on because imo this really isn't Angels & Airwaves anymore and figured the divorce/his new flame obviously must be at the center of this my fear has been confirmed.

I'm not saying anything but it APPEARS, I mean it SEEEEEEEEMS like... after years of marriage Tom fell in love with this Marie chick and apparently fell so bad that he divorced his wife. 

None. Of. My. God. Damn. Binnez. but I just need to say that this shit is drastically changing the direction of the band and imo not for the better.

I don't want to hear Tom fall in love all over again.. I mean you can write 'All The Small Things' and 'There Is' about your wife, cool. And sure you can then divorce the wife and write a poppy lil' love song about the cute new crush I mean who cares? But it's beginning to look like this dude is so head over heels he's writing a whole god damn album about this chick.

I mean damn guys...

WDNTW, I-Empire, L ) V E and this is what it's coming to?? 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

I was mostly just making an observation, I don't think Tom ever achieved the poncy lofty heights he wanted to with Angels so the content matters a lot less to me, just seems odd for him to have this much of a focus. 

If anything, you could argue its probably more honest than a lot of the "grander" AVA songs of the past because he's just legit so excited and happy by this relationship that he's just writing about his feelings instead of his usual nonesense. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kay said:

No shit. I still standby the fact he could literally just make an album of his farts put together for an hour and they would act like he’s changing the world with his new fart album 

7 hours ago, Kay said:

Songs about girls seem weird for Tom? Oh. 

2 hours ago, Smaug said:

This. 

And after hearing that 'Automatic' snippet it's getting to the point that it's actually starting to worry me.

I mean I've been down with Angels & Airwaves since day 1, I've been with this band since the wdntw leaks days, the 'can't wait to get home and check ava news' days. 

I remember the days when those first I-Empire songs leaked (Secret Crowds, Magic, Lifeline and Sirens), or when that CD with 'My Only Fear' and 2-3 other Empire tracks (there was a demo of Breathe on it if remember correctly) was put on eBay before the album even came out.

Those really where some magical days..

The music was good but it always was and always has been about that feeling you'd get from listening to Angels.

I know some of y'all know what I'm talking about, Tom always intended us to get so passionate about this band and what it stood for. The extremely epic and uplifting music that made you feel as if you could conquer the world was only just a (small) part of that, movement.

So I'm getting older and the years go by but this band always pulled through, always kept me waiting for that next new project to be passionate about and the unforgetable moments that go with it.

But that's up until now, and I'm getting worried.

Honestly, I really don't like any of the songs beginning with Rebel Girl and anything that came after that.. But it didn't really bother me too much 'cause it's only 3-4 songs and the album had 12 right? So big deal, I've disliked so many of Angels' singles before (Secret Crowds, Epic Holiday, Hallucinations, etc.) so again, BIG DEAL.

But this Automatic snippet, the lyrics immediately suggest this is yet another 'about a girl' song once again..

So after digging through this thread trying to find out WTF is going on because imo this really isn't Angels & Airwaves anymore and figured the divorce/his new flame obviously must be at the center of this my fear has been confirmed.

I'm not saying anything but it APPEARS, I mean it SEEEEEEEEMS like... after years of marriage Tom fell in love with this Marie chick and apparently fell so bad that he divorced his wife. 

None. Of. My. God. Damn. Binnez. but I just need to say that this shit is drastically changing the direction of the band and imo not for the better.

I don't want to hear Tom fall in love all over again.. I mean you can write 'All The Small Things' and 'There Is' about your wife, cool. And sure you can then divorce the wife and write a poppy lil' love song about the cute new crush I mean who cares? But it's beginning to look like this dude is so head over heels he's writing a whole god damn album about this chick.

I mean damn guys...

WDNTW, I-Empire, L ) V E and this is what it's coming to?? 

The music was never epic, let alone extremely epic. Sheesh. You just have extremely low standards lol. Tombot!

• Crab 1

3 minutes ago, ye. said:

trump energy

Nope. If you knew me you’d know I am one of the most vocal anti-Trump people out there. Realizing that Angels and Airwaves is not epic doesn’t take much self-realization. Tombots only say that because that’s how Tom tried describing the music, not because it actually is. Get your head out of Tom’s ass. 

6 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’d wager decent money that in a years time 75% of the current members won’t renew for another year.

I'd say there's a good chance that the site is down and the whole thing abandoned after year 1.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

It’s already been 2 years foolio. That wack ass song was released April 30, 2019

42 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

No shit. I still standby the fact he could literally just make an album of his farts put together for an hour and they would act like he’s changing the world with his new fart album 

41 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

Songs about girls seem weird for Tom? Oh. 

40 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

The music was never epic, let alone extremely epic. Sheesh. You just have extremely low standards lol. Tombot!

26 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

Too much effort 

Not hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1