The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, Kay said:

Random side note - Euphoria, Kiss and Tell, Rebel Girl and now potentially this other new one = they're all songs about Girls. 

Seems kinda weird for AVA and for Tom in general really. Is the whole album gonna be one long "Omg I got a new woman and it's all I can think about"? 

i'd be fine with all of the songs being about girls. i can't really relate to the essay posted on the last page. i never cared for the lyrics about landscapes and omnipotence. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

The music was never epic, let alone extremely epic. Sheesh. You just have extremely low standards lol. Tombot!

Meh, subjective.

45 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i'd be fine with all of the songs being about girls. i can't really relate to the essay posted on the last page. i never cared for the lyrics about landscapes and omnipotence. 

I read this as "lyrics about landscapes and impotence" first 😂

48 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

I'm fine with songs about girls. Like you said, way better than his alternative selections which are just straight up lame.

But if all the songs are specifically about Bird, that kills the vibe

2 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

Songs about girls seem weird for Tom? Oh. 

Not career wide, but AVA wise a little, yeah. Some songs about love but others about... Toms grand stupid nonesense and other stuff. 4 examples from this record are all about a girl, it's weird for current Tom, that's all. 

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

Not career wide, but AVA wise a little, yeah. Some songs about love but others about... Toms grand stupid nonesense and other stuff. 4 examples from this record are all about a girl, it's weird for current Tom, that's all. 

that's fair, but you did say, and I quote, "Tom in general." Lets look at last song on neighborhoods, "Even if SHE Falls", or DED - "Pretty Little GIRL." I don't think he's ever stopped singing about girls, he just also became obsessive about aliens and shit. 

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What you're describing right now is the definition of subjectiveness.. 

Maybe the last part of my statement. But the FACT remains there are not normal people in society going around talking about how epic AVA is. That comes from Tombots and Tombots only, because Tom drilled it in your head that it was going to be epic and Tombots eat up everything he gives them. This is not subjective lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

Maybe the last part of my statement. But the FACT remains there are not normal people in society going around talking about how epic AVA is. That comes from Tombots and Tombots only, because Tom drilled it in your head that it was going to be epic and Tombots eat up everything he gives them. This is not subjective lol. 

Tom had people buying shares in a fake company claiming to be inventing hyperspace travel.

They will LITERALLY buy anything he sells lmao.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

And music you find to be "epic" is not epic for others = Subjectiveness 

People finding AVA to be epic while you don't, tombots or not = Subjectiveness 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

that's fair, but you did say, and I quote, "Tom in general." Lets look at last song on neighborhoods, "Even if SHE Falls", or DED - "Pretty Little GIRL." I don't think he's ever stopped singing about girls, he just also became obsessive about aliens and shit. 

Well, on Neighborhoods he also had songs about other stuff - Up All Night, Natives, Wishing Well, This Is Home aren't about girls. Snake Charmer is about Adam and eve and not necessarily a relationship song either. On that whole album there's literally only After Midnight and Even If She Falls. 

On DED Disaster and When I Was Young were also not about girls. My point still stands. 

Just now, twentytwenty said:

And music you find to be "epic" is not epic for others = Subjectiveness 

I'm saying you and Tombots who call it epic only say that because Tom described it as such. If he had described it as "experimental," that is what you would call it. If he said it was sex music, that's what you'd call it. If he said it was space jams, you would call it that. You aren't thinking for yourself, there is nothing epic about AVA. What is he doing that hasn't been done much better by someone else? Ripping off U2, singing out of key sounding like a dying cat, and dancing around like a fairie is not epic lol. 

Just now, Kay said:

Well, on Neighborhoods he also had songs about other stuff - Up All Night, Natives, Wishing Well, This Is Home aren't about girls. Snake Charmer is about Adam and eve and not necessarily a relationship song either. On that whole album there's literally only After Midnight and Even If She Falls. 

On DED Disaster and When I Was Young were also not about girls. My point still stands. 

How does your point stand though? You said it's not normal for Tom in general to sing about girls. He has always sang about girls, and never stopped singing about girls. The fact he had other subject matter does not negate the fact he has always sang about girls lol. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

I'm saying you and Tombots who call it epic only say that because Tom described it as such. If he had described it as "experimental," that is what you would call it. If he said it was sex music, that's what you'd call it. If he said it was space jams, you would call it that. You aren't thinking for yourself, there is nothing epic about AVA. What is he doing that hasn't been done much better by someone else? Ripping off U2, singing out of key sounding like a dying cat, and dancing around like a fairie is not epic lol. 

1. I haven't stated my opinion on the matter.

2. You say repeatedly that you don't find AVA to be epic and is annoyed that others do, again - that is the definition of subjectiveness.

3. Do you think that epicness is the definition of innovation? 

• Like 1

Just now, twentytwenty said:

2. You say repeatedly that you don't find AVA to be epic and is annoyed that others do, again - that is the definition of subjectiveness.

the fact that Tombots call AVA epic and believe it, despite the fact that nobody else sees it that way is annoying. the fact tombots don't have the wherewithal to step outside of their Tom bubble to realize this is what is annoying. 

Epic is certainly not shittily ripping off a lame band (U2), not being able to sing at all, and dancing around clueless. I know this much. And yes, innovation is a huge factor in being epic. 

The idea of AVA was pretty epic at the beginning. The first album hits in a couple spots. The Adventure in particular.

Besides that, it's just something trying to be epic that never accomplishes it. Cheesy for the most part

And yes, obviously this is subjective. All opinions about music are subjective

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Also, I don't consider any of my favorite music to be epic. I just love it for what it is. I am not that asinine like these programmed Tom Bots who wish they could suck a fart out of Tom's ass. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

The idea of AVA was pretty epic at the beginning. The first album hits in a couple spots. The Adventure in particular.

Besides that, it's just something trying to be epic that never accomplishes it. Cheesy for the most part

And yes, obviously this is subjective. All opinions about music are subjective

It's just incredibly asinine to sit here and act like it's epic, just because they love Tom and what he does. There is nothing he is doing that is actually epic. I don't sit here and say my favorite bands are epic, I just enjoy them because I do. Trying to act like they're better than they are is ridiculous, but such is the life of a TomBot. 

• Crab 2

6 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

the fact that Tombots call AVA epic and believe it, despite the fact that nobody else sees it that way is annoying. the fact tombots don't have the wherewithal to step outside of their Tom bubble to realize this is what is annoying. 

Epic is certainly not shittily ripping off a lame band (U2), not being able to sing at all, and dancing around clueless. I know this much. And yes, innovation is a huge factor in being epic. 

Again, you're only stating the fact that you find it annoying that others don't share your opinions. 

"the fact that Tombots call AVA epic and believe it, despite the fact that nobody else sees it that way is annoying." - example #1. 

"shittily ripping off a lame band (U2)" - example #2.

Just accept that everyone is different man..

• Like 1