The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Again, you're only stating the fact that you find it annoying that others don't share your opinions. 

"the fact that Tombots call AVA epic and believe it, despite the fact that nobody else sees it that way is annoying." - example #1. 

"shittily ripping off a lame band (U2)" - example #2.

Just accept that everyone is different man..

I do accept everyone is different. Epic is a very strong word. Tombots use it way too loosely, that's all I am saying. Just because you like it and just because he ventured out a little bit from blink's style does not make it epic. The dude can't sing at all and can barely play guitar (certainly sucks at it live), but sure, go ahead and call it epic. He's about as epic as Taco Bell coming out with a breakfast menu. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The idea of AVA was pretty epic at the beginning. The first album hits in a couple spots. The Adventure in particular.

Besides that, it's just something trying to be epic that never accomplishes it. 

We must preserve the word epic for epic situations. The misuse of that word by Tom and his fans is usually done for exaggerating and creative thinking. It made sense with Valkyrie Missile and The Adventure when WDNTW came out though.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Elisa said:

We must preserve the word epic for epic situations. The misuse of that word by Tom and his fans is usually done for exaggerating and creative thinking. It made sense with Valkyrie Missile and The Adventure when WDNTW came out though.

Exactly. It's been used wayyy to loosely. And I agree, those songs made it seem like he could be starting something Epic, but it didn't pan out that way. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

I do accept everyone is different. Epic is a very strong word. Tombots use it way too loosely, that's all I am saying. Just because you like it and just because he ventured out a little bit from blink's style does not make it epic. The dude can't sing at all and can barely play guitar (certainly sucks at it live), but sure, go ahead and call it epic. He's about as epic as Taco Bell coming out with a breakfast menu. 

Wow, he must be good enough though right? Why would you even be here at the first place if not?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elisa said:

What is it that you find so epic about Valkyrie Missile and The Adventure?

Just now, Texas Toast said:

Nice subject change to get away from the fact he hasn't done anything epic with AVA lol 

Again, I have never stated my opinion in the matter. I just find it weird when you're being a hypocrite with your "everyone have to think the way I do or else they're brainwashed" speech..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

That's not what I have said at all. 

No?

1 hour ago, Texas Toast said:

Find one person who isn't a Tom Bot that describes AVA as epic. Most of society considers it MEH. 

48 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

But the FACT remains there are not normal people in society going around talking about how epic AVA is.

39 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

there is nothing epic about AVA. What is he doing that hasn't been done much better by someone else? Ripping off U2

27 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

the fact that Tombots call AVA epic and believe it, despite the fact that nobody else sees it that way is annoying. 

Epic is certainly not shittily ripping off a lame band (U2)

22 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

There is nothing he is doing that is actually epic. 

11 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What is it that you find so epic about Valkyrie Missile and The Adventure?

I think they are well crafted with the synths and the building in crescendo atmosphere and there weren't other songs like for me at the time (mainly because I never liked U2, apart for a song or two, so I didn't know those songs were U2 with slightly higher pitched vocals).

I still wouldn't use for the word EPIC as in "something beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope" for The Adventure and Valkyrie, but I get that this was what Tom wanted to achieve with them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think they are well crafted with the synths and the building in crescendo atmosphere and there weren't other songs like for me at the time (mainly because I never liked U2, apart for a song or two, so I didn't know those songs were U2 with slightly higher pitched vocals).

I still wouldn't use for the word EPIC as in "something beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope" for The Adventure and Valkyrie, but I get that this was what Tom wanted to achieve with them.

Yeah I agree, I like the build ups and all, shit like El ducit is amazing to me if in the right mood. There are also times where they fell short while trying to achieve the grandiose build ups as in star of Betlehem though. 

The problem I've had with Valkyrie Missile from the first time I heard it back in 06 is that the crescendo really isn't one, the build up is great but doesn't really lead anywhere imho..

I have to say that complaining that AVA is just a rip off band of U2 and that it should lessen the bands output is like complaining that blink is a rip off of NOFX.. - in my opinion at least.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

No?

I’m still searching for the part where I said everyone has to think like me. 

im saying tombots use of the word epic is overplayed and misused, it seems the majority of the people here understand that simple concept 

1 minute ago, Texas Toast said:

I’m still searching for the part where I said everyone has to think like me. 

im saying tombots use of the word epic is overplayed and misused, it seems the majority of the people here understand that simple concept 

You're saying that you're annoyed with everyone that does not share your opinions on the matter and start to go on a rant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

You're saying that you're annoyed with everyone that does not share your opinions on the matter and start to go on a rant. 

No man, you’re missing the point so I’m just gonna drop it now. Go ahead and call AVA epic/defend the ones who do. They’re only saying that because Tom DeLonge brainwashed them into thinking so. A wise man named Tommy Callahan III once said “if you want me to take a shit in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will.”

16 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

No man, you’re missing the point so I’m just gonna drop it now. Go ahead and call AVA epic/defend the ones who do. They’re only saying that because Tom DeLonge brainwashed them into thinking so. A wise man named Tommy Callahan III once said “if you want me to take a shit in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will.”

Yeah yeah, I'm bored of this now. Tie?