The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

I won't argue with you, we clearly have different views on this. 

Dudeeeee. Lol, he already was playing with a Rock N Roll Hall of Fame band prior to Tom. Now he is playing with Tom. You can't say with a straight face that Tom made him or gave him his shot. That's not true dude. If so, how?

Just now, Texas Toast said:

Dudeeeee. Lol, he already was playing with a Rock N Roll Hall of Fame band prior to Tom. Now he is playing with Tom. You can't say with a straight face that Tom made him or gave him his shot. That's not true dude. If so, how?

You know, he also did session work with Paramore prior to AVA. That doesn't change that Tom gave him the first big shot with writing with an accomplished songwriter/artist. 

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

You know, he also did session work with Paramore prior to AVA. That doesn't change that Tom gave him the first big shot with writing with an accomplished songwriter/artist. 

How's it a big shot? He recorded drums and albums with NIN. Just because he plays guitar as well with Tom doesn't mean much. He doesn't own the AVA name or brand, Tom does. So all he has done is collaborate with Tom, just like he collaborated with Trent Reznir who is a lot more known than your Lord and Savior Tom Delonge. 

Just now, Texas Toast said:

How's it a big shot? He recorded drums and albums with NIN. Just because he plays guitar as well with Tom doesn't mean much. He doesn't own the AVA name or brand, Tom does. So all he has done is collaborate with Tom, just like he collaborated with Trent Reznir who is a not more known than your Lord and Savior Tom Delonge. 

Because, he got a shot at writing. Dude, you're messing with me right? 

1 minute ago, Texas Toast said:

I can see and respect your point. Also, I guess I am not sure if he ever recorded for NIN. 

According to discogs, he has credits on three songs on their 2013 album. Nothing more though, and those credit is sketchy as hell tbh, I could feel that way because I haven't heard the songs though.

Copy Of A - Drums [Toms] – Ilan Rubin
Came Back Haunted - Drums [Toms] – Ilan Rubin
I Would For You - Drums [Live] – Ilan Rubin

I’ll add that toms lyrics became nonsensical with Love. The first two albums were more philosophical than his previous lyrics but were still grounded in reality. His lyrics following those albums became completely nonsensical outside of the blink work and a couple songs here and there. Makes it hard to connect and feel like the music has any meaning to you even if the instrumentation and melody is impactful. This album so far is at least a step in the right direction with being able to discern general meanings of songs, but a lot of individual lyrics are still nonsensical crap.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

I’ll add that toms lyrics became nonsensical with Love. The first two albums were more philosophical than his previous lyrics but were still grounded in reality. His lyrics following those albums became completely nonsensical outside of the blink work and a couple songs here and there. Makes it hard to connect and feel like the music has any meaning to you even if the instrumentation and melody is impactful. This album so far is at least a step in the right direction with being able to discern general meanings of songs, but a lot of individual lyrics are still nonsensical crap.

I’ve always loved the lyrics for shove.

Edit: love is a strong word. I’ve always liked those lyrics is the better phrasing 

11 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Once upon a time Illan also used to post on this board in the musicians forums. 

Before his Youtube video with Travis or after?

I wonder why that was taken down. I'd like to see it again

That was too easy.

@ilan come back.

On 5/6/2004 at 11:35 PM, ilan said:

Now you're talking. John Bonham is a true rock drummer. Sorry I don't agree about Dave Grohl. I think Grohl is a great all-round musician, singer/songwriter and performer, but even he would agree that he shouldn't appear in the same sentence as Bonzo.

ilan

www.denverharbor.net

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

That was too easy.

@ilan come back.

That's crazy. When I watched his Guitar Center drum solo all I could think of was he was channeling Bonham. He crushed it. It all makes sense now. Also, that's pretty amazing to think that someone who was posting on this board ended up in a band with Tom. Good for him! 

• Like 4