The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 3/12/2004 at 4:03 AM, ilan said:

i think all drummers should try to learn other instruments. i started playing guitar about 2 years ago and i've been playing classical piano for 8 months and both have made me a better drummer.

ilan

Prodigal son in the making

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

What youtube video with Travis? 

He won some kind of drum lesson with Travis and they talked him up as a prodigy. That's where it all started. This was ages ago. Probably Neighborhoods era or right before it?

I don't remember too much about it, but it was talked about on here.

Just now, Ghent said:

He won some kind of drum lesson with Travis and they talked him up as a prodigy. That's where it all started. This was ages ago. Probably Neighborhoods era or right before it?

I don't remember too much about it, but it was talked about on here.

Ahh, I posted about this yesterday as well. He was on a TV show back in the TOYPAJ day when he was receiving lessons from Travis. So it would have been in the early 2000s when he was much younger. I remember watching it live and being extremely jealous. But I can't find anything on what that show was called. I assume this is what is on youtube that you're referencing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texas Toast said:

Ahh, I posted about this yesterday as well. He was on a TV show back in the TOYPAJ day when he was receiving lessons from Travis. So it would have been in the early 2000s when he was much younger. I remember watching it live and being extremely jealous. But I can't find anything on what that show was called. I assume this is what is on youtube that you're referencing. 

Yep I just happened to watch it on Youtube probably. Memory is really hazy on it all

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

That's crazy. When I watched his Guitar Center drum solo all I could think of was he was channeling Bonham. He crushed it. It all makes sense now. Also, that's pretty amazing to think that someone who was posting on this board ended up in a band with Tom. Good for him! 

Who's gonna be the next one? I'll race you guys!!

• Haha 2

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

It's hard to judge ourselves accurately.

This is true. But I've seen enough of Oliver's ridiculous takes and attitudes, I am nothing like him. I at least recognize when I am wrong and apologize. I'm also not a Trumper and I just am nothing like that guy. At all. But I appreciate your feedback! 

23 minutes ago, Kay said:

When's it my turn to be the next Oliver :(

Start making preposterous claims, stories that are clearly made up by your narcissistic ego, and play cover songs out of tune and out of time while criticizing everyone else's attempts. LOL. Oh and get your MAGA hat! I do miss the entertainment and trainwreck he is, but honestly, fuck that guy.