The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

25 minutes ago, ye. said:

is it just me or is his voice in the RG demo a lot more like it used to sound? I feel like they add too much reverb and other effects these days that make him sound so unnecessarily different

I liked it better in the demo version too.  I don't know about how it "used" to sound because he still does the weird yodeling thing but it definitely sounds better.  Also sounded like a pretty polished "demo" to me lol.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

the album hype campaign isn't working well because people are exhausted by the ridiculously long wait and the teasers aren't exactly interesting. i get that.

but i'm not sure why people are bitching about them releasing demos. i personally like hearing them. 

Tom not in band anymore. Tom bad. 

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

48 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

the album hype campaign isn't working well because people are exhausted by the ridiculously long wait and the teasers aren't exactly interesting. i get that.

but i'm not sure why people are bitching about them releasing demos. i personally like hearing them. 

Mostly because as "Empire Club" cost incentives go, it's pretty lame. 

If it was just generally shared or put on a post album "demos" release I'd get it but it's just like a lame cutting room floor offering for their shitty service. 

18 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

Yeah, I'll always welcome more content from musicians I enjoy, be it demos, alt versions, acoustic versions, b-sides, or even incomplete snippets.  And I do enjoy having different takes on the same song by the same musician that you can measure against each other.  Jimmy Eat World have been great at making demos available over the years, I got the versions of Futures that came with an album full of demos of every song on that album, and it was always a blast to listen and compare, there were definitely some demos that I found I enjoyed more than the final takes, that kind of stuff is very cool to me.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:47 PM, wannabe corn dog said:

euphoria has grown on me so much. if this next single matches the quality of this and kiss & tell, i think the new album will be their best. 

Yeah, not gonna lie, liking the song more by the day.  Rebel Girl still sucks, but this and Kiss and Tell are hitting the spot.  I really like All That's Left is Love too, but my understanding is that won't be on the album.