The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 6/11/2021 at 5:54 PM, NotNow said:

Listen to the numbers in the video. He says:

Reveal: 06/15/21

Arrival: 09/24/21

Album is announced tuesday with preorders for sep 24 release. The tracklist is legit obviously. I doubt we get another new song

Did the tracklist leak?

I’m surprised it hasn’t leaked, they must’ve made sure nothing got put out in NZ/Australia this time and going for a worldwide launch lol

edit: actually, idk this picture and description seems like maybe it’s just an announcement video? Unless song is a separate upload, TEC email someone posted does say “First Listen”. Would be lame if it’s just an announcement video.

https://youtu.be/DikrpZuv7ug

Guess we’ll find out in 4 hours

1 hour ago, kibbles said:

I’m surprised it hasn’t leaked, they must’ve made sure nothing got put out in NZ/Australia this time and going for a worldwide launch lol

edit: actually, idk this picture and description seems like maybe it’s just an announcement video? Unless song is a separate upload, TEC email someone posted does say “First Listen”. Would be lame if it’s just an announcement video.

https://youtu.be/DikrpZuv7ug

Guess we’ll find out in 4 hours

Nothing has leaked because it’s scheduled to release tomorrow. If we were to get a leak through the normal “time zones” method based on how the distribution service works it would be tomorrow morning. However they’re releasing it on the empire club tonight so we don’t have to worry about waiting til then.

Yea rip quality is bad I stopped listening halfway through first chorus. I don’t think it’s good though. I actually think the chorus is the best part even if it sounds like it. Just very grating to me. We’ll see if this album has any bangers. While rebel girl and kiss and tell are pretty good I wouldn’t say theyre god tier. I’m optimistic about Automatic.

edit: nvm I listened. Tom needs to be arrested immediately for theft of his own song. The funny part is dry your eyes was already one of his worst panned songs for copying another song. But this another level. I don’t even know if I can say we got a new Ava song lol. How does this happen.

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling we've already heard the best of this album... two years ago.

It's hilarious how much the chorus sounds like Dry Your Eyes, which already felt like a rip off of the Everything's Magic chorus.

I don't dislike this, but it's pretty average to me. Sounds like something from LOVE, which is the worst era of AVA imo. can't see myself listening to this much.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I have a bad feeling we've already heard the best of this album... two years ago.

It's hilarious how much the chorus sounds like Dry Your Eyes, which already felt like a rip off of the Everything's Magic chorus.

I don't dislike this, but it's pretty average to me. Sounds like something from LOVE, which is the worst era of AVA imo. can't see myself listening to this much.

The automatic chorus is at least better than the two songs we just got. Don’t know if it’s as good as the first two songs though.

I just heard the song but the weird effects on Tom's vocals are really ruining these tracks for me. I also think the bass guitar sounds weird on Euphoria and this. The song is just ok but everything so far on this album sounds like LOVE Part III. Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell are the best I've heard so far and even those two aren't great to me (Rebel Girl is catchy as hell though).