The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

31 minutes ago, yodda said:

Dry Your Eyes copies Everything's Magic and Shove so might as well throw this one on the pile too
Pretty weak overall - I liked the last one way more

Never noticed the similarities between Dry Your Eyes and Everything's Magic until you mentioned. Good ear haha.

I'm hoping the ripped quality version of the song is the reason it sounds weird because I could see this song growing on me. The verses are very solid but man the bass guitar sounds weird. It also makes the guitar in the chorus sound weak asf.

I don't mind the verses musically, but this is such a typical old AVA copy and paste job, especially the chorus. I don't specifically remember Dry Your Eyes but I frankly don't need to, I've heard this chorus thousands of times before from Tom. Yikes.

Such a shame, I fucking love Euphoria. 

• Like 1

Restless Souls has a nice catchy chorus. I like it quite a bit after two listens

But the song is DOA because you have to listen to the verses. Starts the song on a bad note with very annoying vocals

Mark and Travis could have done wonders with this one. Rejoin blink please! Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Crab 2

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Weird. I heard Everything's Magic in the chorus rather than the verse.

Same. The verse is just a bunch of annoying Tom sounds. Maybe that teaser was on to something

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kibbles said:

I’m surprised to see so many people liking this one. I usually can get it even if I don’t like the song, but not here lol Tom’s a mess on this one. And how dare people compare it to Shove which is actually great and Tom doesn’t overdo it.

His vocals are a bit muddy, yeah. 

31 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

album pre orders are up. looks like they're pressing nearly 20,000 copies on vinyl so i'm going to wait until they actually start shipping to order. 

https://tothestars.media/products/angels-and-airwaves-lifeforms-brooklyn-vegan-exclusive-lp

Brooklyn Vegan exclusive!

• Haha 2
  • Crab 1