The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

5 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

What’s funny is Everything’s Magic stole its main riff from Anthem Pt2 in the first place 😂

Ehhh ... but not really though. They may play off the same idea but they aren't really the same thing. That's like saying Where Is My Mind (Pixies), Tyler (Toadies) and Amphetamine (Everclear) all have the same riff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Not just that put legit one on on video chatting lol. 

David did the same thing when he did a AVA-insta live stream last year. I like that set up way more than them just answering comments. It puts an actual person behind the music if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

i’ll hear the adventure in restaurants to this day. marketing machine was strong back then, and profile was higher. no surprises. not a bad tune either. surprised everything’s magic wasn’t bigger at the time radio-wise.

as for the new tune, it’s just fine. tom sounds ridiculous on it, as he does every new song they’ve put out. i’m not a huge AVA fan so i don’t have room to criticize i suppose. i may see em when they stop by atlanta if the price is right.

• Like 1

Just now, twentytwenty said:

David did the same thing when he did a AVA-insta live stream last year. I like that set up way more than them just answering comments. It puts an actual person behind the music if you know what I mean.

Completely agree. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boxelder said:

i’ll hear the adventure in restaurants to this day. marketing machine was strong back then, and profile was higher. no surprises. not a bad tune either. surprised everything’s magic wasn’t bigger at the time radio-wise.

It's been in many tv shows as well. But weren't they on geffen back then? They have/had the PR money to get it around for sure

Pretty crazy that AVA's first single is still the best song the band has put out. It's the only song that has been even somewhat worthy of putting blink through all the shit that it did IMO.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Ehhh ... but not really though. They may play off the same idea but they aren't really the same thing. That's like saying Where Is My Mind (Pixies), Tyler (Toadies) and Amphetamine (Everclear) all have the same riff.

It's basically the same notes if I recall correctly. I don't know, I never listened to that shit song. I just remember hearing it briefly and also seeing a bunch of people accuse him of ripping off Anthem Pt. 2 with it. Take it how ya want it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Pretty crazy that AVA's first single is still the best song the band has put out. It's the only song that has been even somewhat worthy of putting blink through all the shit that it did IMO.

The War and Secret Crowds are good as well, but that's about it. 

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If it actually had a good chorus it’s an all time great song and followed through on what Tom was saying. Epic song and then boring chorus how

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NotNow said:

If it actually had a good chorus it’s an all time great song and followed through on what Tom was saying. Epic song and then boring chorus how

Yea. Had some cool riffs but at the end of the day he wasn't able to put together a complete song without my dawg Mark "Tight Nuts" Hoppus and my homie T-Rav Big Dick 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Are you talking about Adventure or Rebel Girl?  I agree on the latter, but Adventure drags man.  Definitely not worth the breakup for that song.

Secret Crowds, Voyager, It Hurts, Mercenaries, Teenagers & Rituals are better too.

10 minutes ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Are you talking about Adventure or Rebel Girl?  I agree on the latter, but Adventure drags man.  Definitely not worth the breakup for that song.

Secret Crowds, Voyager, It Hurts, Mercenaries, Teenagers & Rituals are better too.

Rebel Girl is an embarrassment lol

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

I liked a lot of AVA's first and second albums, they're pretty good.  It astonishes me that anyone could get any enjoyment out of any album they've released since, outside of the one or two decent songs per record.  This song is like a carbon copy of 'dry your eyes'.  Much like the last single, this stinks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cum said:

Rebel Girl is on par with 90% of the Skiba era Blink material. If Travis played on Rebel Girl, it would be a top tier post-reunion song. 

Lmao, good one. The shoe fits my little Tombot

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

It's basically the same notes if I recall correctly. I don't know, I never listened to that shit song. I just remember hearing it briefly and also seeing a bunch of people accuse him of ripping off Anthem Pt. 2 with it. Take it how ya want it. 

I know how you wanna take it! You slut!

• Love 1