The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On the live Tom explained he had 13 songs. 3 weren’t finished so they’ll come out on a deluxe at a later date likely with the movie like they did with love. How he didn’t have 13 finished after three and a half years idk. But it kind of sounded like the label forced his hand to turn in what he had.

41 minutes ago, NotNow said:

On the live Tom explained he had 13 songs. 3 weren’t finished so they’ll come out on a deluxe at a later date likely with the movie like they did with love. How he didn’t have 13 finished after three and a half years idk. But it kind of sounded like the label forced his hand to turn in what he had.

Well yea, Tom signed a contract with them. They can't just let him renege on his contract and never release music, which is what would happen if they didn't "force his hand." 

• Like 1

you have to join the $50 tier if you want to get the presale to the shows and that's a dick move. it's interesting to see a lot of people moving to a higher tier today because they want the presale, there are so many things wrong with this empire club

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Well yea, Tom signed a contract with them. They can't just let him renege on his contract and never release music, which is what would happen if they didn't "force his hand." 

Yea that was implicitly understood, were all aware of how a label works.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Are you talking about Adventure or Rebel Girl?  I agree on the latter, but Adventure drags man.  Definitely not worth the breakup for that song.

Secret Crowds, Voyager, It Hurts, Mercenaries, Teenagers & Rituals are better too.

lol Rebel Girl sucks and Tom isn't even playing guitar on it 

7 minutes ago, Elisa said:

there are so many things wrong with this empire club

or he could just ditch it, start a discord server and hang out on twitch and give all the money to charity.

delonge is a snake oil salesman. he's been one since the first preview drop of "the adventure."

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Crab 1

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

or he could just ditch it, start a discord server and hang out on twitch and give all the money to charity.

delonge is a snake oil salesman. he's been one since the first preview drop of "the adventure."

Exactly. His M.O. is to overpromise and underdeliver. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

you have to join the $50 tier if you want to get the presale to the shows and that's a smart move. it's interesting to see a lot of people moving to a higher tier today because they want the presale, there are so many things wrong with this empire club

..fixed that for you

• Crab 1

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

I don’t like empire club, but I definitely don’t understand criticizing Tom for doing a one time Instagram q and a with the album announcement. You gotta promote the album. He’s doing a separate live on empire club on Friday. 

edit: Apparently Tom said he wrote everything’s magic for shrek 2 lol. Now that I think about it, I remember hearing that song all the time on the radio. Must have been their biggest radio hit by far.

But yet Shrek rejected and didn’t use it because it’s absolute garbage. And I know it’s already been pointed out, but The Adventure was obviously their only radio hit , and even that wasn’t that big. 

• Crab 1

12 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

But yet Shrek rejected and didn’t use it because it’s absolute garbage. And I know it’s already been pointed out, but The Adventure was obviously their only radio hit , and even that wasn’t that big. 

Based of numbers taken from your imagination? My guess would be the opposite. No way to know though.

Magic has been on plenty of series and stuff, I’ve never encountered the adventure on anything like that.

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Pretty crazy that AVA's first single is still the best song the band has put out. It's the only song that has been even somewhat worthy of putting blink through all the shit that it did IMO.

I'd say it's their best single, but he had better songs with the band.  At least in my opinion, Heaven and Anomoly are among Tom's greatest songs period. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Based of numbers taken from your imagination? My guess would be the opposite. No way to know though.

Magic has been on plenty of series and stuff, I’ve never encountered the adventure on anything like that.

Based off of billboard numbers. Already been discussed 

• Like 1