The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It depends how you see it. From an entrepreneur POV it’s a smart move. 

Not if people realize you’re full of shit and a lot of people don’t buy it in the first place. A smart business move is putting out a quality product.

Not gonna scroll through pages but we're all in agreance that the chorus of this new song is the exact same as Dry Your Eyes right? Litterally heard it immediately 

Edit. I went back. Good to see we're all on the same page 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

How many empire club subscriptions has he sold? That’s what we’re talking about, don’t try to play dumb on me! Lol

What? From an entrepreneur POV it’s smart to play it off like they do now. 
1. Set up pre release campaign

2. Make the first batch of tickets be club members only, but with the catch of it being available for higher tier members only. Many people will be paying those extra bucks for their membership just to get their tickets to be available to them. 

3. When the sales has stagnated release the rest of the batch set for pre release to the public.

It’s all about how to maximize the profit. This is a smart campaign, and mark my words, this is exactly how it’s going to play out.

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

It depends how you see it. From an entrepreneur POV it’s a smart move. 

Something can be smart from a business perspective but still be a dick move. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Elisa’s post didn’t need correcting. This is a total dick move.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Based of numbers taken from your imagination? My guess would be the opposite. No way to know though.

Magic has been on plenty of series and stuff, I’ve never encountered the adventure on anything like that.

The Adventure was in shit too.

9 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

..fixed that for you

Nah. The least you can do for people in a fanclub of a relatively small band is give them access to the presale. I still stand by my post and I think it's a dick move and a slap in the face, especially when bigger bands like Pearl Jam and The National make the presale available for all the members.
You can still milk more money out of them with VIP access, soundcheck, gadgets and meet and greets, but just give everyone the chance to buy a fucking ticket.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Silly question, any Brits considering these shows? Im gonna assume not but if anyone is lemmie know, maybe could finally meet some of you cunts. 

If it wasn't for covid, I'd join the brit gang - I've never see AVA live and I'd like to see Tom and you guys - but I think it's still too soon to plan to travel (even though I know that people are already recreational travelling without a care in the world).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Nah. The least you can do for people in a fanclub of a relatively small band is give them access to the presale. I still stand by my post and I think it's a dick move and a slap in the face, especially when bigger bands like Pearl Jam and The National make the presale available for all the members.
You can still milk more money out of them with VIP access, soundcheck, gadgets and meet and greets, but just give everyone the chance to buy a fucking ticket.

That's some good points

I’m happy that Tom is still releasing music. Normally I’m SUPER hyped for any blink related releases. I’ve felt my enthusiasm wane over the past few years, however. That being said, I’ve enjoyed the last few songs for what they are. Is it anything close to some of his previous material? Of course not, but that’s life doggies. Take it or leave it.

• Like 1