The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Just checked out the new song, it's not interesting or exciting whatsoever but it's not bad enough to truly bum me out.

I will say this though, you'd think modern technology could help Tom's voice sound as great as ever on recordings, but he constantly sounds like he's halfway through a gallon of milk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Just checked out the new song, it's not interesting or exciting whatsoever but it's not bad enough to truly bum me out.

I will say this though, you'd think modern technology could help Tom's voice sound as great as ever on recordings, but he constantly sounds like he's halfway through a gallon of milk.

That's a brilliant description hahaha 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

There is not much difference on his voice now contra Love era. But I think that the difference here is that brother Rubin isn't good enough producer to be able to get Tom to deliver as Critter did. 

Either that or I'm totally wrong again and he's worse now haha, but it feels plausible imo

Critter truly was to AVA what Finn was to blink

I'm still a huge fan of his voice. I think he sounded fine on Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell, but on Euphoria, the effects on the chorus are way too much. Restless Souls probably has too much effects on it too. Sounds like there's way too much reverb. On Paper Thin I thought he sounded great.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

3 hours ago, Cum said:

Tom might be the greatest lyricist of our generation. He's up there with meltin' like a popsicle Mark, but I drove by his house and he doesn't live there any.....more.

Tom is Lennon, Mark is McCartney 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Depf said:

Why didnt you tell us earlier. I'm ready to go veggie with Mark and I'm working on the rest.

20210617-093909.jpg

lol @ thinking cobain at his best is half the lyricist that skiba/grace are while taking a good asian food dump.

It just came to me whilst I was tending to the rabbits, living off the fatta the land.  Also - Chris Cote is the guy that shot John Lennon.

Yeah - when you're right, you're right. Cornell wasn't too much of a lyricist either, beautiful voice though. Anyway, four dollars a pound. Who wrote Holden Caulfield?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Cum said:

Tom might be the greatest lyricist of our generation. He's up there with meltin' like a popsicle Mark, but I drove by his house and he doesn't live there any.....more.

That's not the worst line ever it's just the fact it's the whole pre-chorus and Mark's delivery in a heavy dad voice is so cringey.

• Like 1