The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I didn’t listen to the proper release of restless souls until today because the leak left me so unimpressed. Unfortunately the actually release was just as average. Did nothing for me.

Thw four songs released so far are in an “ep” on Spotify so I actually listened to them together. Euphoria is great. So is kiss and tell. Rebel girl does nothing for me anymore and this new song is the same.

Hope the rest is better!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I didn’t listen to the proper release of restless souls until today because the leak left me so unimpressed. Unfortunately the actually release was just as average. Did nothing for me.

Thw four songs released so far are in an “ep” on Spotify so I actually listened to them together. Euphoria is great. So is kiss and tell. Rebel girl does nothing for me anymore and this new song is the same.

Hope the rest is better!

Same page as me, two good, two forgettable. 

7 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Lol of course they are. Tom will never do any wrong in someone like you’s eyes. 

i pretty much hated tom from 2005-2016 and was really vocal about it. i wanted him out of blink and everything. but i like these new songs and think you're easily the most annoying person to ever post on this message board. drives me fuckin nuts, honestly. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i pretty much hated tom from 2005-2016 and was really vocal about it. i wanted him out of blink and everything. but i like these new songs and think you're easily the most annoying person to ever post on this message board. drives me fuckin nuts, honestly. 

Hahaha good for you bud. Tombots hate me for calling out on their shit. Quite frankly I’m glad you feel that way corny Tom bot 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I think you're confusing Of nightmares with Chasing shadows

Haha, nah definitely Chasing Shadows. I consider that Of Nightmares EP as unreleased material from the Dream Walker album really. Wasn't a fan of that EP tbh, although View From Below is way better than Kiss With a Spell which has similar vibes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Haha, nah definitely Chasing Shadows. I consider that Of Nightmares EP as unreleased material from the Dream Walker album really. Wasn't a fan of that EP tbh, although View From Below is way better than Kiss With a Spell which has similar vibes.

It was just the electronic comment I reacted on haha. It's okay though, different views is a good thing. View From Below is one of the best songs he's done for years imo! Kiss with a spell is just breath part 2 haha.

2 hours ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Chasing Shadows is easily one of Tom's best releases as he didn't try to do too much but write good songs.

When it came out it was a breath of fresh air for sure as you could hear toms songwriting in it without Ilan's input imho.

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

We all @twentytwenty is the biggest Tom Bot here. I’d gladly knock that guy out 

Overload from Chasing Shadows is a fucking boppppp

Bring it on teaboy!! 

Also, Voyager is easily my favorite from the EP, it's like the perfect blend of AVA and neighborhoods blink imo

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 5:46 PM, Njdevils26 said:

Got my tickets to the starland show in October, felt good to purchase concert tickets again. Didn’t miss the prices of shows tho…

Yeah I get this, I've missed concerts really bad.  So I'm excited for the first tickets I bought for Weezer and Green Day at Summerfest.  Disappointed blink didn't end up doing it this year after being scheduled there for 2020, but this should be a solid replacement all the same. I guess fall out boy is there too, but I truly couldn't care less about that part of the bill.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

It was just the electronic comment I reacted on haha. It's okay though, different views is a good thing. View From Below is one of the best songs he's done for years imo! Kiss with a spell is just breath part 2 haha.

Oh yeah definitely, Dream Walker & Of Nightmares definitely have more electronic elements. Chasing Shadows literally sounds like a blink-182 EP haha, but it still has it's electronic moments whilst being more guitar driven at the same time. I'm just disappointed there probably isn't gonna be a song like the EP title track on the new album. It's probably my favourite AVA song too.

Agreed on View From Below as well. it's like a more electronic version of the Cure IMO. Dunno how that song never made the album.

• Like 1