The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

if i enjoy at least eight songs on this record, i will consider that a success. if not, i would hope that tom just hangs it up entirely. i'd say the same for any other musician. it's just not realistic to expect an album full of completely fresh and amazing songs from someone who has been releasing music for 30 years, imo. yes, it's possible. but we're talking about tom delonge.

29 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

if i enjoy at least eight songs on this record, i will consider that a success. if not, i would hope that tom just hangs it up entirely. i'd say the same for any other musician. it's just not realistic to expect an album full of completely fresh and amazing songs from someone who has been releasing music for 30 years, imo. yes, it's possible. but we're talking about tom delonge.

8 good songs on a record seems like a high amount to expect from anyone these days to be honest. And I’m not knocking you for saying that by the way, I’m just saying music in general has gotten so shitty and forced these days that I would say I’d be happy with 50% good songs on an album lol 

11 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Tom DeLonge in 2001- “is it wrong if I think it’s lame to dance?”

Tom DeLonge with AVA- I’m just gonna put the guitar down and dance like a mentally ill fairy now for the rest of my days 

I mean you should be used to it by now and this joke stopped being funny around 14 years ago.

• Crab 1

Screenshot-20210623-074921.png

The guy from the charity shared this in a random Tom fan boy group on FB. 

Nice to see a good guy Tom moment, especially as I don't think he's shared it about himself. The charity seems quite small as well. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

He should take his dancing to America’s Got Talent and see what they say 

Haha. It is pretty amazing that he still looks a bit uncomfortable without a guitar. 

I've never had the luxury of seeing him in person with either band so I can't say how it looks irl though. Maybe it's less awkward when you're there?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Haha. It is pretty amazing that he still looks a bit uncomfortable without a guitar. 

I've never had the luxury of seeing him in person with either band so I can't say how it looks irl though. Maybe it's less awkward when you're there?

Yea I’ve only ever seen him with blink so I don’t really know lol. That’s crazy you’ve never seen him live, I hope you get to!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't expect to see this on postsecret today. 

I like later AVA and all but stuff like this just makes my cynical ass roll my eyes super hard. 

angels.jpg?w=572&ssl=1

• Haha 1

went to a christian school and can confirm AVA was very popular among church folk. it occupies a similar space with its themes and limited amount of varying chords as contemporary christian music. coldplay was also popular for this reason.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, boxelder said:

went to a christian school and can confirm AVA was very popular among church folk. it occupies a similar space with its themes and limited amount of varying chords as contemporary christian music. coldplay was also popular for this reason.

Ouch lol. Burned em with that line! Haha seriously 

On 7/4/2021 at 10:20 AM, FAPLORD said:

Ouch lol. Burned em with that line! Haha seriously 

it's not really a burn, as contemporary Christian music is written to be easy to sing along with. not really all that different from pop punk