The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Everybody wake the fuck up a new Tom song is out :(.

Also super refreshing to see Tom opening up and being goofy on camera for the first time in like ten years that’s not ten second banter between songs.

also this is the highest budget thing Ava has done since I empire and maybe the love movie, is rise actually going to try to push this song?

I think this is my favorite. Two hits in a row has restored my faith in the album after two really bad misses for me with euphoria and restless souls. And knowing I’m going to really like automatic I think overall I’ll like this more than the dream walker just a shame with the roll out and having had rebel girl and kiss and tell for two years now on a ten track album, I think our perspectives would be different if they were also new. 5 / 7 I can’t complain at all about.

This song has such a great groove and a good pushing of boundaries for Tom but still sounding like it’s his song. The chorus builds after the first one great harmonies, the prechorus is actually great for once, and the verses are super funky with coherent lyrics? What’s not to like. Coupled with an actually funny music video, it’s like the first non cringe too try hard Ava thing in so long.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Damn, that video made me smile. I've missed the stupid music videos of Tom acting like an idiot. A couple lyrics of the song even made me laugh out loud. "there's idiots abound and they're all fucking racist" lol

His delivery on that line was also very good. Probably the best of the verses great inflection

• Like 2

This video is so crazy and random, I love it lol

Great song to kick back and bob your head to. It's different, it has a smooth groove and a catchy melody. The album is going to be so good, let's gooo 

• Like 1

Just gave it another listen. Fucking love it. Might be my favourite so far.

Honestly a great surprise. After Restless Souls came out I was worried the album would be a dud besides a few good songs but this has renewed my hope and my hype. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

here’s the video/song.

Pretty good. Like it a lot!

Ahhh - every reason I love Tom Delonge in about 3 minutes. Sense of humour, knows how to write a catchy chorus and complex and nuanced dance moves.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I wanna see Boomer and this new character in the same video

“So I walk in there and my brothers around and I end up kissing my own brother”

Next video is just 3 and a half minutes of Tom playing both characters making out with himself.

• Like 1