The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

36 minutes ago, Kay said:

Legit where are you seeing them? I've been toying with going but not sure. 

Tbf, the only UK dates I can see are in Kentish Town, London. Are there more?? We gotta see our man make moves. What you thinking?

27 minutes ago, Depf said:

köln, münchen....London? i'd fancy another uk trip

you're invited to join my crew. depf people, good people 

let's make this happen.

Ooft, if there is more gingerbread - I'm there son. yES! This is about appreciating the world being open for BUSINESS. LIFE.FRIENDSHIP. Introduced as a friend of yours, the dream. 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Tbf, the only UK dates I can see are in Kentish Town, London. Are there more?? We gotta see our man make moves. What you thinking?

Ooft, if there is more gingerbread - I'm there son. yES! This is about appreciating the world being open for BUSINESS. LIFE.FRIENDSHIP. Introduced as a friend of yours, the dream. 

They're playing bristol in March, so I was considering it, but Londons too far for me. Shame! 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

So apparently there's two versions of the music video, I watched the premiere on YouTube and then there's Tom's Cut 

https://player.vimeo.com/video/579515323?app_id=122963&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelsandairwaves.com

I like the one with the phallus in

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Depf said:

why would that be? book a cheap flight,meetup!

Because I won't go to another country for a concert. And the blink members has been ditching Sweden since their one and only show here in 2000. 

Mark and Matt actually did an acoustic set here during their California pr cycle but that thing was a secret show for like 50 people or so but that's it.

Apart from that the closest I've been to seeing any blink related members was when I saw Danko Jones with Atom on the drums.

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

I'm going to Leeds so there are definitely more 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Because I won't go to another country for a concert. And the blink members has been ditching Sweden since their one and only show here in 2000. 

Mark and Matt actually did an acoustic set here during their California pr cycle but that thing was a secret show for like 50 people or so but that's it.

Apart from that the closest I've been to seeing any blink related members was when I saw Danko Jones with Atom on the drums.

If you do decide to travel for it, stay at mine, we'll go to the Bristol show together. My main reason for not going is I have no one to go with. No one I know likes AVA (because, well, why would they lol) 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

If you do decide to travel for it, stay at mine, we'll go to the Bristol show together. My main reason for not going is I have no one to go with. No one I know likes AVA (because, well, why would they lol) 

Thank you! 

I just never could justify the cost of traveling to another country only for a concert.

Maybe that my reasoning is how it is as I literally worked with concerts on a daily basis, I don't know, or maybe I'm just a dirt cheap asshole 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Thank you! 

I just never could justify the cost of traveling to another country only for a concert.

Maybe that my reasoning is how it is as I literally worked with concerts on a daily basis, I don't know, or maybe I'm just a dirt cheap asshole 😂

Nah I get it, it seems like a mental cost to me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

You’re reaching pretty far to consider this “ripping” lol. 

haha I've been thinking Tom has been acting a lot more normal these days. Just disappointing when he slips something like that in.

I think the song is a step in the right direction creatively. It's not the best thing I've ever heard but it's not something I'd make fun of or avoid listening to.

I'm a little worried about Casey. Not sure what's up with the hate boner. Feels forced. I'm always down for a good feud or rivalry, but this one aint it

I will never feel bad for travelling to the UK or to some other European country for 2 or 3 days just to see some bands. It's actually pretty cool, you get to visit a new city, you get to see the band and you always come home with great memories and new friendships.

Covid has put a halt to that, but I can't wait do it again. I still don't know if I can come to the AVA tour in the UK because I'm in the process of buying an old house to renew it, but let's wait and see how things pan out next year. I've never seen AVA live and this might be the best era to do it because I really like the new songs.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ixidor said:

Tom's used his band's producer to co-write with, where's the big deal in this?

Taken from nine's wiki below. Not taking a side on which approach is right or wrong, just think it's not the same.

image.png.d63af45c09ce8ea74fee09f447d9664d.png

I think ultimately, other writers are other writers.  And if someone is outraged that Mark wasn't writing all his own songs on California and Nine, then you can't fault that same kind of person for being upset that Tom isn't writing all his own songs, regardless of how many other people they have helping write songs. 

Having said that, I genuinely don't care who writes what, as long as it sounds good coming out of Mark or Tom's voices and instruments, then I truly couldn't care less.  I know they can write great music on their own, so it's not like they have to prove anything to me at this point. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I think ultimately, other writers are other writers.  And if someone is outraged that Mark wasn't writing all his own songs on California and Nine, then you can't fault that same kind of person for being upset that Tom isn't writing all his own songs, regardless of how many other people they have helping write songs. 

Having said that, I genuinely don't care who writes what, as long as it sounds good coming out of Mark or Tom's voices and instruments, then I truly couldn't care less.  I know they can write great music on their own, so it's not like they have to prove anything to me at this point. 

I mean that's the issue isn't it really?

They're using all these songwriters and writing vastly inferior music to what they did when it was just them.

• Like 2

My only beef is that the people who used to shit all over blink for having Feldmann as a cowriter have now moved the goalposts to where it's okay to collaborate with ONE songwriter, just not multiple.

Tom himself shit on blink for working with Feldmann as a songwriter.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1