4. restless souls

5. new order

6.losing my mind

7. everythings magic

8. animals

9. the one time he played the blink medley

10. the other time he played it.

This Tom is a whole league above what we got 15 years ago

I challange anyone who disagrees to a dance off and anyone that agrees to dance with me

New Order?

Well, time to copy/paste myself again since the same topic has come up 900 times:

Nobody gives a shit about who co-writes Angels and Airwaves songs because, for most of us, AVA never had a reputation of being a special organic tried-and-true songwriting team pumping out incredible meaningful music. Blink had an entire career's-worth of music that was made that way. So who cares what Tom decides to do with his other project? It's a straw man in the discussion of Blink using outside songwriters (which I don't really care much about anymore).

I guess my view on it is that yes Mark lost his songwriting partner... but then he replaced him with Matt Skiba! Ya know, one prominent songwriter/bandmember out, one prominent songwriter/bandmember in.

It's all water under the bridge at this point ESPECIALLY in light of what Mark is going through, but I still think they overcorrected by skipping the part where they actually replace Tom with Matt Skiba haha. Instead they replaced Tom's contributions with a revolving door of Skiba, Feldmann, and a bunch of randos from the music biz.

And now Tom's producer/bandmember's brother is helping write songs for AVA and I don't care because it has nothing to do with any of that.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

My only beef is that the people who used to shit all over blink for having Feldmann as a cowriter have now moved the goalposts to where it's okay to collaborate with ONE songwriter, just not multiple.

Tom himself shit on blink for working with Feldmann as a songwriter.

Blink has been working with outside songwriters.  All of AvA's songwriters are part of Tom's gigantic shlonge.

41 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i saw this comment on punknews re: AVA and it seems to fit me just fine:

"Hot take: It's not great but it's really not as bad as it's fun to pretend that it is."

To be fair, punknews is an extra fun site to shit all over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tired of coight said:

Blink has been working with outside songwriters.  All of AvA's songwriters are part of Tom's gigantic shlonge.

This was never the argument until Tom started using a songwriter. You moved the goalposts to defend your messiah. Just admit it and let's move on. Working with songwriters is no big deal.

35 minutes ago, Ghent said:

This was never the argument until Tom started using a songwriter. You moved the goalposts to defend your messiah. Just admit it and let's move on. Working with songwriters is no big deal.

Tom is on his own, Mark has Travis and a supposed Tom - second songwriter/guitarist - replacement.

Nobody gives a fuck what AvA does. What +44 does. What Boxcar does. They can hire who they want. They are experimental side pieces in my book.  Blink is Mark + Tom.  A force of nature that took the genre and music by storm. They started the band by writing songs from the heart.

We don't want to hear what fans of the band come up with outside 1 or 2 remixes for that entity.

We don't want Billy Joel hiring people to write songs for him.

Blink is our Billy Joel.

Billy Joel = Blink > Billy Joe.

1 minute ago, tired of coight said:

Tom is on his own, Mark has Travis and a supposed Tom - second songwriter/guitarist - replacement.

Nobody gives a fuck what AvA does. What +44 does. What Boxcar does. They can hire who they want. They are experimental side pieces in my book.  Blink is Mark + Tom.  A force of nature that took the genre and music by storm. They started the band by writing songs from the heart.

We don't want to hear what fans of the band come up with outside 1 or 2 remixes for that entity.

We don't want Billy Joel hiring people to write songs for him.

Blink is our Billy Joel.

Billy Joel = Blink > Billy Joe.

"Tom is on his own"  😂

No, just no. He has a band just like anyone else. Just because he treats them as subhumans doesn't mean they aren't in the band with him lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

"Tom is on his own"  😂

No, just no. He has a band just like anyone else. Just because he treats them as subhumans doesn't mean they aren't in the band with him lol.

Ava never tried to be blink. Blink was centered around the humor and songwriting abilities of Mark & Tom.  PERIOD.  Tom went off to discover uncharted territories, that involves experimental musical, unsurprised he has songwriters credits amongst his posse for said experimental band.

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

My only beef is that the people who used to shit all over blink for having Feldmann as a cowriter have now moved the goalposts to where it's okay to collaborate with ONE songwriter, just not multiple.

Tom himself shit on blink for working with Feldmann as a songwriter.

I mean you need some nuance involved. It’s a bit different to collaborate with one outside writer than 10-15. It also matters how it impacts the sound - Feldman’s guitar and drums sounded quite different than previous albums and still stands out as a weakness to me compared to NINE or Neighborhoods. And like Kevin said, people view Blink differently than AvA. It’s like comparing your first love to someone you’ve been on 2 dates with.

• Like 2
  • Love 1