The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

“This used pair of underpants” 😂😂

I hated when Tom was political back in the day with John Kerry. But I’m really feeling what he’s bringing lately. Old school Tom humor taking on what should be universal political opinion for his fan base in these times…I’m in

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Anyone know if they played Losing My Mind live? The songs keeps growing on me more and more. Easily one of my favorite AVA tracks since the I-Empire days.

No and they didn’t rehearse it. I don’t think they have any plans to play it. They’re already playing half the album live.

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

Hmm it’s kind of cool but kind of ugly and homemade looking at the same time.

I wish he’d move on to a different guitar in general. Shouldn’t he have some innovative spaceship guitar or something? Why doesn’t he put that anti-grav hyperspace tech to work? 

It looks like someone usually paints model planes but went fucking overboard, and I grew up painting planes so I kinda love it. 

5 hours ago, NotNow said:

The paint drip guitars are my favorite guitars he’s ever had

I've never liked them, they look like a really lazy attempt to be artistic to me, but I hated the fake "beat up" scorch mark and tape style ones he had around Neighborhoods era as well. I miss the clean lines, racing stripes kinda deal. More my aesthetic idk. 

11 minutes ago, tired of coight said:

I've never not liked a Tom or Mark guitar.  The only thing I got tired of was the octopus thing with Mark.

The way Tom used to play so low inspired so many of us too, mainly in a bad way, but still inspiring.

I tried playing that low a few months back during a session and it instantly hurt my back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSBdMXurwmC/?utm_medium=copy_link

There’s a clip of the whole the war in ava movement fb group, hut apparently, all the videos that gets uploaded to YouTube gets flagged for some reason according to a Reddit comment

Rebel Girl sounds pretty damn good but man he will always be awkward without a guitar lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tired of coight said:

I played that low during my first live performance ever, and they told me to just stop playing.

And they were right. Fucking dumb way to play guitar lol

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Found this:

It still looks so awkward to see him on stage without a guitar.  He clearly doesn't know what to do with both his hands or even his legs lol while he's singing.  And it's not like there is a great excuse for it, it's not like Tom is using all his inner being and effort to ensure his voice sounds so fantastic that he couldn't possibly be also focusing on a guitar at the same time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, M!ke said:

It still looks so awkward to see him on stage without a guitar.  He clearly doesn't know what to do with both his hands or even his legs lol while he's singing.  And it's not like there is a great excuse for it, it's not like Tom is using all his inner being and effort to ensure his voice sounds so fantastic that he couldn't possibly be also focusing on a guitar at the same time.

I actually like him without a guitar haha 😆