The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

There's always been a forced aspect to being a tombot, where the person knows better but bots out anyway. Twenty is a true AVA fan, I respect that. I don't doubt for a second that he actually enjoys the music and the brand.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tired of coight said:

The way Tom used to play so low inspired so many of us too

everyone played low in the soCal punk scene. tom was just doing what all the other bands were doing. i still play low-ish, but not quite as low as back then (middle aged back).

14 minutes ago, Speedo said:

He's been out for 6 years, I don't think it needs to be said.

I think most people listening want him in the band, weird to ignore it and why he's not/potential future plans.

Not everyone follows them as closely as we do. I posted the interview and immediately someone said oh shit is Tom back? lol

4 minutes ago, kibbles said:

I think most people listening want him in the band, weird to ignore it and why he's not/potential future plans.

Not everyone follows them as closely as we do. I posted the interview and immediately someone said oh shit is Tom back? lol

I'm just not sure what you expect them to say exactly? There aren't any plans, they've all made that pretty clear. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

Just finished listening. I didn’t hear anything interesting. Just random chit chat with blink stories I’ve already heard forty times.

really? us gear nerds got some great new info...

i'm tickled that i asked mark to ask tom about his sticker strat and he did. tom reports he is restickering it (with my sticker art that arrived just yesterday, not "some guy in europe" which refers to the russian etsy garbage that jeff originally bought). props to @blinkstillrulesfor making sure jeff got the correct stickers!

tom also confirmed that dude ranch was recorded with the sticker strat. that was a question that @blinkstillrulesasked mark to ask tom. people have been arguing for years on reddit (like people do) about that, so i'm glad tom himself was able to put it to rest.

plus just hearing the guys chuckle and chat together was a real nice time. it wasn't supposed to be an interview with any great revelations. and yet the gear nerds got not one but two gems out of it!

• Like 3
  • Love 3