The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

36 minutes ago, NeverOliver said:

Inject Mark and Tom shooting the shit into my veins. I wish that shit was 3 hours longer

Now if only there was a rule where Tom couldn't talk about his AVA projects or space aliens. Just blink reminiscing and/or normal conversation about other stuff. Would be so good right now

• Like 4

12 hours ago, kibbles said:

He keeps saying he will though and they just have to figure out when it'll work out. and last he spoke of Skiba just called him a fill-in doing his job for him. Plus I forget which interview, but a recent one where he said after the tour run AvA is probably going quiet for a while. I suppose that could mean he's doing more "feature film" garbage but whatever. He keeps leading on that he's coming back and he talks to Mark and Travis "all the time" about when that makes sense.

It's a shame all these 20yr anniversaries are coming and going without real celebrations and shows for them with the right lineup.

He has a lot to gain financially by maintaining the Blink connection. We’ve literally been hearing it since 2015. It means nothing. 

God daaaaaamn that went down so smooooooth!

That might have been the most "genuine" conversation we've heard between those two since literally before the first breakup. Just shooting the shit about goofy memories, best places to buy doorknobs, families, hobbies, a lengthy but earnest tangent about UFOs, and an overall genuine appreciation for one another.

Instead of two guys pretending to be best buds while the mics were on (the way they sometimes seemed during the reunion), it was two guys who admittedly aren't best buds anymore catching up because they still like each other and have a ton of fond memories together. Can't ask for much more than that.

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Instead of two guys pretending to be best buds while the mics were on (the way they sometimes seemed during the reunion)

my impression, just from hearing mark talk about it on the discord, is that their friendship is in the best state it's been in 20 years. he talks to tom, literally, every day.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

my impression, just from hearing mark talk about it on the discord, is that their friendship is in the best state it's been in 20 years. he talks to tom, literally, every day.

Yeah, people change, grow, evolve, as do friendships.

I got the impression they are best buds again, it's just life has changed with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

That’s awesome news. Even if blink is never able to reform with Tom I’d be happy if they could coexist in a friendly state. Unusual as it is, their friendship was what hooked a lot of us to the band. It was nice to hear them talk somewhat casually again. Tom pushed it a little far at points, but it felt natural.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ghent said:

That’s awesome news. Even if blink is never able to reform with Tom I’d be happy if they could coexist in a friendly state. Unusual as it is, their friendship was what hooked a lot of us to the band. It was nice to hear them talk somewhat casually again. Tom pushed it a little far at points, but it felt natural.

Absolutely agree!

16 hours ago, daveyjones said:

This is awesome