The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

4 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Nice interview! Is this the first time we’ve heard them talk together (in GOOD spirits) since Untitled?

there are flashes of this through the years. though the reunion era felt stifled in terms of their public communication, there‘s a few interviews that come to mind where they appear more buoyant… KROQ christmas, the australian phone-call interview where they put to rest the blinkumentary, and this hilarious canadian radio Q&A from ‘09:

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there are flashes of this through the years. though the reunion era felt stifled in terms of their public communication, there‘s a few interviews that come to mind where they appear more buoyant… KROQ christmas, the australian phone-call interview where they put to rest the blinkumentary, and this hilarious canadian radio Q&A from ‘09:

Aah right, thanks for sharing  :) However,  this one felt a bit different for some reason! More genuine or something…

Warmed the soul listening to that. All of the awkwardness and resentments that were so evident during the reunion era have washed away to a much nicer dynamic between old friends.

Even if Tom doesn’t go back to Blink (I think he will do *something* eventually, as long as Mark gets and stays healthy 🤞), this is so much nicer than even 5 years ago when there would be weird energy in interviews when Tom was mentioned. 

Now, can we get Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to make up? 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I for one like their radio format. I listen to Apple Music Country Radio daily and love it

Dude I love you but this made me throw up in my mouth. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

Dude I love you but this made me throw up in my mouth. 

It’s great. It’s artists that’s the hosts and you get bunch of fun stories and stuff between songs and stuff. It’s one of the things that puts them ahead of Spotify imo. That, and the lossless audio 

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It’s great. It’s artists that’s the hosts and you get bunch of fun stories and stuff between songs and stuff. It’s one of the things that puts them ahead of Spotify imo. That, and the lossless audio 

I was commenting more on the country music aspect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

yea, agreed. all the apple music podcasts are done that way. they have "the format." it's kind of lame. there's a reason i gave up radio in 1993.

Honestly I kinda found it refreshing.  I listen to a lot of traditional podcasts these days, and haven't listened in on a proper radio show in a long time, so to hear something like this had a certain kind of nostalgic charm for me, couple that with the fact that most the songs played were blink related, and I was a fan of this podcast, at least this episode anyway.

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

Holy shit I either never heard this before or forgot about it 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

to hear something like this had a certain kind of nostalgic charm for me

i get that. for me there is no nostalgia, because when radio programming started sounding like that (around 1993) i just turned it off. all that YOUR TESTOSTERONE DESTINATION STATION and the yelling and sound effects. i was out.

7 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i get that. for me there is no nostalgia, because when radio programming started sounding like that (around 1993) i just turned it off. all that YOUR TESTOSTERONE DESTINATION STATION and the yelling and sound effects. i was out.

Wait how the hell are marks program  set up!? The station I’m talking about there’s just some minor talking then mostly music. Sometimes there’s an interview with another artist.

You guys describe marks show like something taken out of a parody movie!?

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Peter McKinnon posted a new video, the AVA Doc is back in production. 

Came here to post this. Hopefully he can finally finish this thing. Turning into blinkimentary of 2. I love his stuff though so can't wait to see what he comes up with 

4 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Came here to post this. Hopefully he can finally finish this thing. Turning into blinkimentary of 2. I love his stuff though so can't wait to see what he comes up with 

I find him kind of annoying but he's definitely a talented film maker so I'm excited to see what he comes up with.