The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Yeah, I'm not a fan of how this sounds. I remember hearing the clip of this song earlier in the year then when Losing My Mind was released, I thought that was the clip. I just assumed they had rewritten the song or improved on what was on the clip or something. Turns out both are completely different songs.

Hopefully the full song is good but not getting my hopes up on the clip. I just wanna hear Time Bomb and that Boxcar Racer styled song that was on those old clips.

48 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Sigh this song is kinda a stinker. 

Sad when Tom hyped this album up so much when so far it's pretty 50/50 on good and bad songs. Had higher hopes. 

The only bad songs are restless souls, seemingly spellbound, and euphoria.

good:

1. timebomb

2. Losing my mind

3. rebel girl

4. kiss and tell

5. Automatic

unknown:

1. No more guns

2. a fire in a nameless town

Still would be happy with 7/10, but it’s more like 5/8 if those last two are great because I don’t associate kiss and tell and rebel girl with this album.

6 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

those who don't like euphoria can speak for themselves. i don't mind restless souls either.

not sure how anyone can even comment on automatic when the song hasn't been released. 

Chorus is great that’s all that matters. The two songs you just listed are a s s

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

The only bad songs are restless souls, seemingly spellbound, and euphoria.

good:

1. timebomb

2. Losing my mind

3. rebel girl

4. kiss and tell

5. Automatic

unknown:

1. No more guns

2. a fire in a nameless town

Still would be happy with 7/10, but it’s more like 5/8 if those last two are great because I don’t associate kiss and tell and rebel girl with this album.

Gutted cause it seems that mega insta clip hasn't made the cut. https://youtu.be/pQjsyERmp6Q&t=51s

• Like 1

I think all of it is worth it for Losing My Mind. I find that song so hypnotic, I can’t really explain.

Haven’t listened to Time Bomb/Euphoria/Restless Souls.

I’m also interested in No More Guns - want Tom to get more overtly political 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Bucko said:

Gutted cause it seems that mega insta clip hasn't made the cut. https://youtu.be/pQjsyERmp6Q&t=51s

This is the song I've been waiting for. If that song doesn't make the album, then wow. The only thing that would make sense leaving that off the album is if Tom has secretly been working on blink songs with Mark & Travis in the last 2 years.

The song from 1.49 and onwards also needs to be on the album IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

This is the song I've been waiting for. If that song doesn't make the album, then wow. The only thing that would make sense leaving that off the album is if Tom has secretly been working on blink songs with Mark & Travis in the last 2 years.

People keep saying the 1:49 song isn't in, but that angelic synth sound before the other stuff kicks in sounds similar to that music in the short clip of Tom directing when they shot 3 music videos. (Euphoria, Spellbound, and another)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Same. Sounded so so promising. Maybe it's because it's not really an angels vibe and feels more blink. Absolutely gutted if it's not in the album.

• Like 2