The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I liked WDNTW quite a bit, but I'm glad I was living under a rock during this time from the band's happenings and missed all this until I heard Adventure on the radio. I still never saw it much above Boxcar or Blink like this, just a tad below both for it's overlong space shit (Asthenia is still the best he has done in this regard, so sorry to say Tom).  That was a perfect blend of all his space shit and heavier boxcar vibes and still had the feel of blink.

AvA is definitely a good band here and there, because of Tom. That's basically it. When he has Tom moments or they do something heavier or catchy we're game, the synthy stuff never connected with me or most I want to say outside ridiculous levels of fans in that genre (I honestly can't imagine what a pure AvA fan would look like that didn't like blink), but honestly there's band's that do that way better. AvA synth or space stuff almost always sounded indulgent like your friends in computer class or making music on their basement with too much time on their hands to mess with garage band. It's hardly ever coherent, outside a few tracks yes where it's very back drop and not the lead and the song would be just as good without any of the space elements.. FUCK I miss pre AvA blink these days, I see everyone listening to the new Drake album windows down loving their new breath of life and get jealous we don't get that anymore with ours.

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

16 years since I was forced to read and tricked into believing this steaming pile of poopy

E-rzueuXMAQGPSJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

I mean, doesn’t every musician feel that way about their music? Is there even any point in releasing anything to the public that you don’t feel that way about?

To paraphrase Richie Sambora when asked what the best song is “the answer will always be the one I last wrote”

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I mean, doesn’t every musician feel that way about their music? Is there even any point in releasing anything to the public that you don’t feel that way about?

To paraphrase Richie Sambora when asked what the best song is “the answer will always be the one I last wrote”

It's one thing to say it's your own best work, it's another to say it's the best music anyone has made in decades. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Have we got like 3 songs left to hear on this album? Hes released most of it and 2 were from 2 years ago! He really should of made this a 12-14 song album.

Two unheard songs, plus full automatic, plus studio timebomb.

whoever decided to make another song a single instead of timebomb is an idiot. Although spellbound is so bad I’m almost glad I don’t have to hear that with only a couple new songs on the album and being bummed that’s it.

• Like 1

I just went to listen to Spellbound because ya'll shat on it.

I really like it. Lyrics are dumb but all of Tom's are these days, and the chorus isn't amazing, but I love it musically. has a fun vibe, and the bridge going all weird is kind of cool. I'm glad honestly because the only ones on the album so far that I'm keen on are Kiss and Tell and Euphoria, nice to have another one I actually like.

Tom should definitely sing lower moodier stuff more though, I think it suits his new voice more. 

I'm listening to Spellbound right now. There's way too much going on. The song needs to be stripped down a bit. Not a fan of the chorus either.

yeah, i don't like this song. Sounds more like an Ilan song that Tom just happens to sing on. Kiss with a Spell has similar vibes to this and that's just a way better song IMO.

Yeah I'm a little surprised at the *amount* of scantily clad ladies these videos have been having. Losing My Mind was an interesting video but the others seem to be "Cool, I'll do slow mo space dancing with the band with a bunch of lights, have a half naked girl do something, they'll watch that" and be done with it.

Not that their older videos are necessarily better, it's just a weird focus. on an album full of "songs about girls" as well.

Tom getting laid resolves in some weird inspiration. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Song isn't terrible but it's not great either. That chorus just doesn't suit Tom's voice/singing style and just ruins it. I was into it until the chorus hit and then it just sucked. 

Looks like Aaron Rubin had a big part in this song. 

It's not terrible, it's just terrible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knapppers said:

Song isn't terrible but it's not great either. That chorus just doesn't suit Tom's voice/singing style and just ruins it. I was into it until the chorus hit and then it just sucked. 

Looks like Aaron Rubin had a big part in this song. 

Aaron Rubin had a big part but the melody is all Tom so I’m not going to blame him here. The rest of the song is sweet outside of the chorus, and that’s toms doing.

It’s really a shame because the rest of the song is great. Verses and riff are awesome