The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 9/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, Nosferatu said:

I'm listening to Spellbound right now. There's way too much going on. The song needs to be stripped down a bit. Not a fan of the chorus either.

yeah, i don't like this song. Sounds more like an Ilan song that Tom just happens to sing on. Kiss with a Spell has similar vibes to this and that's just a way better song IMO.

Your right about it being an illan song, he said on insta he made it while scoring unidentified and said here ya go tom a new ava song your welcome

• Like 1

and once again, I'm thankful Ilan is in AVA. Seriously, Spellbound is pretty good. I've listened to it like 5 times now and I like it more and more. Not as good as Euphoria or Kiss and Tell but much better than some of the others they've released. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ghents shtick_182 said:

This song is trash. I don't know what people are hearing, Tom is better off without these fools he needs to play every instrument and write every line.

Seriously though, not good, Rebel Girl and K&T still the best songs unfortunately.

If those two songs are the best then I'm not sure I should even check this out.

Time to pretend AVA never happened and rejoin blink 🤘

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

If those two songs are the best then I'm not sure I should even check this out.

Time to pretend AVA never happened and rejoin blink 🤘

Rebel Girl is the worst of the new songs in my opinion. I very much like Kiss and Tell though. 

Overall I think I'm gonna like this album a lot. I'm enjoying most of these new songs, except again Rebel Girl. Think this is shaping up to be my favorite AaA album thus far. 

I would love to keep shitting on Tom until he comes back to blink (which I'm very certain he will at this point), but objectively, I'm finding a lot here that I genuinely enjoy.  Looking forward to hearing the remainder of the album. 

• Like 2

Wow, we're on page 1000

Anyway, here's an interview with Guitar World where Tom proudly says he hasn't a clue what gear he uses anymore because computers do everything. 

to guitar world.

Fucking moron at times.

https://www.guitarworld.com/amp/features/angels-and-airwaves-lifeforms

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

"But by the time I hand the music over to Ilan, fuck! Knowing him, it’s probably old Les Pauls and weird stuff – well, Les Pauls aren’t weird, but I just mean shit I don’t use. "

Please tell me this does not mean he gives the guy the tabs to his song and then they record, not him

It sounds like he writes some stuff and gives it to Ilan but it could be that Ilan does an alternative rhythm track, as most rhythm tracks are at the very least doubled if not like, quadrupled in some cases for different tones and such. 

Still doesn't sound encouraging though, Tom can't be assed to record his own guitar parts? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Still doesn't sound encouraging though, Tom can't be assed to record his own guitar parts? 

he also trotted out the old "Fugazi, Quicksand and CIV" influences line that he's been saying since press for BCR. when none of his shit sounds anything close to those bands.

• Like 3