The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

also "New Order didn’t know what they were doing. If you listen to their songs, it’s like one finger on the keyboard at a time!" are you fucking kidding me tom? jesus. such a stupid thing to say.

Most of this interview made he sound like an idiot. Like seriously, considering how long he's been a musician, I'm baffled by half the dumb shit he said here. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

also "New Order didn’t know what they were doing. If you listen to their songs, it’s like one finger on the keyboard at a time!" are you fucking kidding me tom? jesus. such a stupid thing to say.

Isn't it true though? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

not even close. you might not enjoy their music, but it's really stupid thing to say about their discography.

I think they're great! But they're great because they're unconventional and lack conventional music training. 

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

Yikes - that’s mad. Hooky is one of the finest bassists of our times. Think I might swerve the interview

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Yikes - that’s mad. Hooky is one of the finest bassists of our times. Think I might swerve the interview

He is the daddy pal. Nobody plays like Hooky. That Tom quote is the most mental thing he’s ever said 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’m kind of sick of Tom talking about marks cancer. He talks about it more than Mark does and it’s his fight. And he’s saying things that seemingly aren’t known yet, like the cancer is being eradicated from his body. A few months ago it doesn’t seem like Tom and Mark were still friends and now it’s a talking point for him every interview promoting his new album. Idk it’s starting to rub me the wrong way. You don’t see marks other friends doing this or even Travis.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I’m kind of sick of Tom talking about marks cancer. He talks about it more than Mark does and it’s his fight. And he’s saying things that seemingly aren’t known yet, like the cancer is being eradicated from his body. A few months ago it doesn’t seem like Tom and Mark were still friends and now it’s a talking point for him every interview promoting his new album. Idk it’s starting to rub me the wrong way. You don’t see marks other friends doing this or even Travis.

Yeah I kinda get what you mean. At first it just seemed sweet and supportive but the overdoing of it feels very... PRish. 

• Like 2

So we’ve heard clips of every song now. A fire in a nameless town and no more guns (discount American idiot Green Day) sound terrible so the only song left I haven’t heard I’m interested in is automatic. This will be my least favorite ava album, maybe it could be better than love 2. I like rebel girl, kiss and tell, timebomb, losing my mind, and automatic. The other five songs seems like Im going to be able to never care about hearing them again. And rebel girl and kiss and tell I still don’t even associate with the album so I feel like I only got three songs this year I actually like.

i don't think tom would stoop as low as using mark's cancer to promote the album. he repeats a lot of the things he says in every interview these days. he probably also knows that everyone is always happy to hear when mark is doing well or whether the two of them have talked recently. i don't know. just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hotpantsdelonge said:

i don't think tom would stoop as low as using mark's cancer to promote the album. he repeats a lot of the things he says in every interview these days. he probably also knows that everyone is always happy to hear when mark is doing well or whether the two of them have talked recently. i don't know. just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt

It’s not about him intentionally using it as a PR talking point. It’s about social cues and reading the situation on what is appropriate to discuss. Other people aren’t talking about his cancer for him, including Travis who actually is still close and in a band with Mark.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Wow, we're on page 1000

Anyway, here's an interview with Guitar World where Tom proudly says he hasn't a clue what gear he uses anymore because computers do everything. 

to guitar world.

Fucking moron at times.

https://www.guitarworld.com/amp/features/angels-and-airwaves-lifeforms

What’s so moronic about what he said about the gear?

29 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Most people don't read or come across every interview he does. People ask him about it he responds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, it’s not that he’s asked about it, it’s how he answers.

Also he’s posted things unprompted on instagram about it like a text conversation with Mark which sounded like an announcement he was beating it before Mark had really said anything.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Again, it’s not that he’s asked about it, it’s how he answers.

Also he’s posted things unprompted on instagram about it like a text conversation with Mark which sounded like an announcement he was beating it before Mark had really said anything.

How do you know what’s unprompted or not, are you close to either of them?

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

It’s not about him intentionally using it as a PR talking point. It’s about social cues and reading the situation on what is appropriate to discuss. Other people aren’t talking about his cancer for him, including Travis who actually is still close and in a band with Mark.

there have literally been thousands of strangers discussing mark's situation for months now. and some have been particularly obnoxious about it, saying and asking him things that are obviously a little too much or too personal. i'm sure he's okay with tom, someone he has actually known for three decades, talking about it as positively as he can..? but i guess that's just my view.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

You really think Mark asked Tom to post screenshots of their text conversations? Cmon dude.

For real. I hate when people play this card. Like no shit I don’t know them. These are inferences I’m making. But it’s more logical that Mark didn’t ask Tom to post a screenshot of their conversation about something Mark hasn’t been open about. If Mark thought it was a cool exchange to share, he would have posted it himself.

• Like 2