The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Tom has mentioned MAYBE releasing a deluxe version with the movie. But he only has two to three songs currently that didn’t make the album. It’s not a Cali deluxe or love pt 2 situation. I don’t think it’s justification for releasing 7/10 songs on the album before release.

yeah, I agree 100%, especially considering that 2 of the songs came out 2-3 years ago 😂

If it wasn't for those two tracks, then I wouldn't be bothered that the album is only 10 songs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Rebel Girl was released on April 30, 2019
Lifeforms will be released on September 24, 2021

I wonder if there has ever been another major release where a single was released 2 years, 4 months, and 22 days before the album. Even when you factor in Covid that's a hilariously long time haha.

It’s even more hilarious given the fact the album is only ten songs and he really thought making two of them tracks that were over two years old was a good idea. Like he couldn’t finish two more songs? And it’s not like this album has any theme, it’s just random songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

It’s even more hilarious given the fact the album is only ten songs and he really thought making two of them tracks that were over two years old was a good idea. Like he couldn’t finish two more songs? And it’s not like this album has any theme, it’s just random songs.

Maybe he just wanted to go back to where we started. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

seems no one did. Didn’t even know it was rumoured to come out today.

They released a coded image that the song was dropping, so fuck knows. 

4 hours ago, NotNow said:

Toms animated series got shot down in pre production

Aaaand no one's surprised. 

Just heard the track and can say that it's the most disappointing song i've heard from Tom. It was full of potential. The intro was sounding great. The live version of the track was great but in the studio version, the verses are way more synth based. Can barely hear a damn guitar on it. The live version has way more of an edge to it and it's more "rock" sounding.

If they stripped down the electronic & synths in the verses and had the guitars & bass way more louder in the mix, the verses would've been just as good as the verses of Adventure.

Everything else in this song lives up to the hype. The chorus is great. The bridge is great but the choices they made for the verses make the song a let down IMO.