The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, ghents shtick_182 said:

Crazy people are that hype on it. What am I missing? I don't hate it, just feel like I got a different set of songs than everybody else.

Also, we've heard like every song one at a time goddam Tom.

Tom made a Jan version a few months back, we were all in on it!

• Wow 1

Just now, wannabe corn dog said:

you strike me as someone who prefers the LOVE era, which is fine. i couldn't stand that band. that's why we're on opposite sides of the spectrum here. 

It's a pretty wide spectrum too, as medicine advances so does our understanding. Most of us are at least a little on it. 

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m on vacation and can’t be bothered to hunt down the leak so I’ll just listen tomorrow. I’m not even that excited despite loving a few of the released songs, idk why.

Because Tom killed all the anticipation.

People would have been amped if it was just radio silence until a month or so ago and then released Kiss and Tell and announce a new album. It's been years of releasing songs and talking about it though, so the excitement is dead.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

you strike me as someone who prefers the LOVE era, which is fine. i couldn't stand that band. that's why we're on opposite sides of the spectrum here. 

Nah I don’t prefer love era, in fact that was my least favorite Tom era at the time. I think wdntw is the best ava album, it was the only album he did the grandiose music really well without being cringy. Best Tom is untitled and neighborhoods blink. Going past original blink, neighborhoods and dogs eating dogs is best Tom. And kiss and tell, automatic, losing my mind (at least parts of this song), and overload shows he can still do it; he just chooses not to. Just really want him to make another album entirely like that. 

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Nah I don’t prefer love era, in fact that was my least favorite Tom era at the time. I think wdntw is the best ava album, it was the only album he did the grandiose music really well without being cringy. Best Tom is untitled and neighborhoods blink. Going past original blink, neighborhoods and dogs eating dogs is best Tom. And kiss and tell, automatic, losing my mind (at least parts of this song), and overload shows he can still do it; he just chooses not to. Just really want him to make another album entirely like that. 

alright well obviously blink is better than ava so it's not really relevant when talking about new ava music. 

Dream Walker is easily the best AVA record for me. I've only heard 6 from Lifeforms and I adore 3 of them, meh on one and think the other two are shite. 

Makes me think it's doubtful I'll like all of other 4 but the 3 Songs I like so far are better than WDNTW and other old AVA for me by a country mile. 

Not better than blink by any standard that's typical tombot bullshit but by AVA standards, pretty fucking good. 

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Dream Walker is easily the best AVA record for me. I've only heard 6 from Lifeforms and I adore 3 of them, meh on one and think the other two are shite. 

Makes me think it's doubtful I'll like all of other 4 but the 3 Songs I like so far are better than WDNTW and other old AVA for me by a country mile. 

Not better than blink by any standard that's typical tombot bullshit but by AVA standards, pretty fucking good. 

You never liked ava though so it makes sense dream walker would be your favorite. These are the og fans of the band that don’t make sense to me. I think they’re going to find it doesn’t age well to them.

I don't even have time to breathe lately because I'm working at all hours, but I'm listening to the album now and I started from the 3 songs I hadn't heard before (it's midnight here).
Timebomb was supposed to be the best song on the album according to a lot of people online, but it's a let down.
No More Guns is definitely a song you wouldn't expect to hear from AVA, it sounds like modern Green Day.
Fire In A Nameless Town: the chorus is cool but the rest is very meh.

• Like 1

I love "OG" AVA and i also love the Dream Walker. I would say the Love albums are defineitly the worst albums hes done.  This album isnt that great though. Its like the Dream Walker was a certain percentage Tom, a certain percentage Ilan/Aaron and it worked and I really enjoyed it. This album seems like it turned into more of an Ilan and Aaron show and its not great.

Kiss and Tell and Losing my Mind are the only two songs I love on this album.  Time Bomb is good but not quite there, the rest I can take it or leave it.  

kinda wish they put all that's left is love on the album instead of no more guns. i don't even like the song but at least it fits the sound of the rest of the album. 

but yeah. i like the rest of the album a lot and appreciate the new masters of rebel girls and kiss & tell as well. i don't have any issues with the mixing either. 

maybe i got ahead of myself saying it like it more than wdntw but i definitely prefer the vibe more than the floating over the trees nonsense.

Even Spotify is confused by Tom, it has Timebomb as latest album, with 7 songs on it. Unless that is what they are just doing with his single single single situation. But they are calling that an album?

That's just a collect of the songs released so far.

They did the same when he released Losing My Mind.

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

Because Tom killed all the anticipation.

People would have been amped if it was just radio silence until a month or so ago and then released Kiss and Tell and announce a new album. It's been years of releasing songs and talking about it though, so the excitement is dead.

Classic Tom.  Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell feel like such bonus tracks at this point to be added to a new album.  I'm not that picky but it totally has been the longest release for an average album ever.

• Like 2

Classic Tom.  Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell feel like such bonus tracks at this point to be added to a new album.  I'm not that picky but it totally has been the longest release for an average album ever.

Tom's too much of a spaz for his own good. He could be great again if someone would reel him in and make him focus.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

That's just a collect of the songs released so far.

They did the same when he released Losing My Mind.

I realized that but even they are like wtf do we do with this. 

Also, Losing My Mind and all the singles are still on there and calling it an album though.

/In before ThAtS NoT EvEn HoW SpOtIfY WoRkS comments.