The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I only listened to a few of the tracks beforehand and am checking out the album now. Time Bomb has a fucking awful chorus, “Hey there little sad for, I really want to hold ya”, really Tom? I’m starting to notice his lyrics are pretty patronizing to women, no? Seems to have begun with Pretty Little Girl onwards. I’m not even trying to go PC, just something that has stood out over recent years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken_Hoopla 4thewin said:

I love when JarJar replies for Ghent, or vise versa.  Happens about 5x a day.  Bots gon' be bots.  

Man if I was going to run a sock account for the last 7 years I sure as hell would have made it more interesting than JarJar, no offense JarJar lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

I only listened to a few of the tracks beforehand and am checking out the album now. Time Bomb has a fucking awful chorus, “Hey there little sad for, I really want to hold ya”, really Tom? I’m starting to notice his lyrics are pretty patronizing to women, no? Seems to have begun with Pretty Little Girl onwards. I’m not even trying to go PC, just something that has stood out over recent years.

what about Sirens where he fantasizes about breaking and entering lol

46 minutes ago, Speedo said:

What song about the opposite sex isn't patronizing?!

That’s fair but not like Tom’s style of making them seem like this little, fragile, overemotional girl needing saving. This style has become more cringe as he gets older. It was a bit more acceptable in Dumpweed “need a girl I can train” since he was a dumb, young guy.

• Like 1