The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I pretty much ignore most of the shit Tom says these days and just enjoy the couple of songs I like from the new album. 

Same thing with Travis. His social media is the equivalent of a 14 year old girl but I’ll give each song he is apart of a listen and of course check out the new blink stuff when it comes along. 

When you think about it, social media has really ruined the mistique around our heroes. Now that we know what rubbish they think and care about, they seem way, way less cool than they did when we were kids.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kay said:

When you think about it, social media has really ruined the mistique around our heroes. Now that we know what rubbish they think and care about, they seem way, way less cool than they did when we were kids.

Social media has ruined practically everything tbh

Mental health, science, the fabric of democracy, etc etc

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Yep, it's totally disingenuous. The only thing he was "right" about was something that any logical person would have agreed with from the beginning.

I mean they did release videos that the navy acknowledged as not fake and the Department of Defense officially released them later on. I don't remember but weren't one of these videos the on that Rogan made fun of Tom for?

On 9/25/2021 at 9:30 PM, Russel Coight said:

Jeez settle down Tombot. We’re allowed to criticise shitty lyrics if we don’t like them. 

“b-b-b-but blink has shit lyrics now too!!!” Yeah fuck we know. Doesn’t mean we can’t call a spade a spade. Majority of the people shitting on Tom’s lyrics shit on new blink way harder.

all bands have bad lyrics, but some cheesy Cali-era lyrics don't even compare to the likes of "the smell of lions" or "lonely, cat-like master" or any other million examples lmao.

not directed at you Mr. Coight, just setting the baseline here lol.

"0ooo0000ooo0000 it's like the wind has killed the dove"

40 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I mean they did release videos that the navy acknowledged as not fake and the Department of Defense officially released them later on. I don't remember but weren't one of these videos the on that Rogan made fun of Tom for?

C'mon dude. Of course the military has documented sightings of shit flying around that couldn't be identified. It doesn't mean it proves even a smidge of the wild stuff Tom has claimed.

There is a GIANT leap from saying, for instance, "aliens could exist in this galaxy" to "aliens have been interacting with humans from the dawn of time and are responsible for all of mankind's achievements"

That is the semantic trick that he plays. When 1% of a wild claim is validated, it doesn't make the rest of the wild claim true as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

C'mon dude. Of course the military has documented sightings of shit flying around that couldn't be identified. It doesn't mean it proves even a smidge of the wild stuff Tom has claimed.

There is a GIANT leap from saying, for instance, "aliens could exist in this galaxy" to "aliens have been interacting with humans from the dawn of time and are responsible for all of mankind's achievements"

That is the semantic trick that he plays. When 1% of a wild claim is validated, it doesn't make the rest of the wild claim true as well.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kibbles said:

It's weird Joe never acknowledges Tom when he brings up TTSA all the time nowadays.  Whenever he does mention Tom's name he just talks about how he was the worst UFO guest he's ever had lol. Just doesn't seem to acknowledge him in TTSA's accomplishments when praising them. 

...accomplishments?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I put the new album on for the first time this morning. I'm 3 tracks in and I don't know if I'll be able to make it through. This is bad. Kind of makes me appreciate Nine and California.

If it helps, the opener is easily the worst.

3 minutes ago, kibbles said:

It's weird Joe never acknowledges Tom when he brings up TTSA all the time nowadays.  Whenever he does mention Tom's name he just talks about how he was the worst UFO guest he's ever had lol. Just doesn't seem to acknowledge him in TTSA's accomplishments when praising them. 

lol, ok first of all, is Rogan really talking about "TTSA" on his show? Geez, this guy really is a societal menace.

Second, the only thing that fake company has accomplished is taking money from people in a dubious way.

16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

lol, ok first of all, is Rogan really talking about "TTSA" on his show? Geez, this guy really is a societal menace.

Second, the only thing that fake company has accomplished is taking money from people in a dubious way.

Actually no, I refer to my last reply to you about their accomplishments. I do agree with you though as a whole, but they did accomplish some things. You're weird, even when the Navy and DOD officially backs them up about their claims you're still sitting there like a child covering your ears. "nanananana I can't hear you". 

I guess the DOD is a fraud as well!?

4 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Actually no, I refer to my last reply to you about their accomplishments. I do agree with you though as a whole, but they did accomplish some things. You're weird, even when the Navy and DOD officially backs them up about their claims you're still sitting there like a child covering your ears. "nanananana I can't hear you". 

I guess the DOD is a fraud as well!?

The Navy and DOD admitting that there is footage of shit flying around that can't be identified at this time does not validate anything to do with TTSA lol

3 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

No.

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The Navy and DOD admitting that there is footage of shit flying around that can't be identified at this time does not validate anything to do with TTSA lol

Yes, UFO's.. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: It was the videos leaked by TTSA that they authenticated, not just loosely that there are videos of shit flying around