The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I am a giant Tombot. The biggest. Even I think TTSA is fucking dumb and Tom should stick with music ... preferably Blink over AvA or at least ditch the synth/space/togetherness bullshit and write some fun songs again.

His Love movie sucked, the newest movie is gonna suck, and I'm sure the books/comics/whatever sucked. The guy is an extremely talented song writer when he isn't pissing that talent away on yodeling nonsense. Get back to that ... there are already stellar film makers and authors and entrepreneurs out there, stop being a jack of all trades and focus on the creative venture people actually enjoy from you in the first place.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Yes, UFO's.. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: It was the videos leaked by TTSA that they authenticated, not just loosely that there are videos of shit flying around

UFOs do not mean space aliens. Nothing that juicy was authenticated.

You're falling for Tom tricks and media click bait.

• Crab 1

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I am a giant Tombot. The biggest. Even I think TTSA is fucking dumb and Tom should stick with music ... preferably Blink over AvA or at least ditch the synth/space/togetherness bullshit and write some fun songs again.

His Love movie sucked, the newest movie is gonna suck, and I'm sure the books/comics/whatever sucked. The guy is an extremely talented song writer when he isn't pissing that talent away on yodeling nonsense. Get back to that ... there are already stellar film makers and authors and entrepreneurs out there, stop being a jack of all trades and focus on the creative venture people actually enjoy from you in the first place.

How much of the love movie is Tom though? He is only listed as an executive producer, I have no idea what those do at a movie set. IMDB has William Eubank listed as sole writer and director. 

• Crab 1

Just now, twentytwenty said:

I can be wrong but when they released/"leaked" those videos they never mentioned aliens. 

I don't see what is so remarkable about Tom's creepy company releasing UAP videos that the government confirmed are UAP. It's only sensational when it's framed in a deceiving way

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

How much of the love movie is Tom though? He is only listed as an executive producer, I have no idea what those do at a movie set. IMDB has William Eubank listed as sole writer and director. 

No clue. He pushed it and it sucked, that's the extent of my caring. I saw that trash on theaters and it was a terrible experience. The movie was boring and the "live" performance after was the only time I've ever been embarrassed to be witnessing something. I couldn't even laugh at it, I just sunk in my seat and tried not to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Speedo said:

No clue. He pushed it and it sucked, that's the extent of my caring. I saw that trash on theaters and it was a terrible experience. The movie was boring and the "live" performance after was the only time I've ever been embarrassed to be witnessing something. I couldn't even laugh at it, I just sunk in my seat and tried not to be seen.

The reason I asked is because I always thought he wrote it and I googled it just now. He is listed by IMDB as producer, director and one of two writers for that monsters movie though, now that will be interesting lol. 

Do you like that kind of movies otherwise? I've seen the movie been mentioned on a bunch of syfy movie recommendation lists and shit as see worthy. 

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

The reason I asked is because I always thought he wrote it and I googled it just now. He is listed by IMDB as producer, director and one of two writers for that monsters movie though, now that will be interesting lol. 

Do you like that kind of movies otherwise? I've seen the movie been mentioned on a bunch of syfy movie recommendation lists and shit as see worthy. 

my favorite genre of movies is science fiction, and LOVE is one of the most boring, pompous and just pointless movies I've ever seen.

I remember being bored to tears and checking my watch thinking it was almost over......it had been 20 minutes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

my favorite genre of movies is science fiction, and LOVE is one of the most boring, pompous and just pointless movies I've ever seen.

I remember being bored to tears and checking my watch thinking it was almost over......it had been 20 minutes.

Was gonna say, sci-fi is my genre and Love is a hard no 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Those people suggesting it are wrong, it happens to the best of us. 

Yes, I like science fiction movies. I don't really care about the genre as long as it's good.

• Like 1

I never watched Love just based on peoples' poor feedback from posts on here lol. I can't imagine telling my 13 year old self that I would not be interested in watching movies made by Blink 182 members. My hype for all of Tom's endeavours has exponentially gone down over the last decade or so. 

• Haha 1

The problem with love was I don’t think there was any intention of it being a film. It was a series of short films to go along with the music of the album going all the way back to i empire . Then after they had filmed the short films, they took one of them and wrote a script around it because they had invested so much money into the set will Eubank built. And they shoehorned the civil war short film into it because it was action and probably cost a lot. You had a couple other short films that weren’t mashed into the film and just released as music videos to a couple of the songs. 

I’ll still hold that visually love was really cool for a low budget film that cost less than a million. Will Eubank put together a cool production minus the actual story.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NotNow said:

The problem with love was I don’t think there was any intention of it being a film. It was a series of short films to go along with the music of the album going all the way back to i empire . Then after they had filmed the short films, they took one of them and wrote a script around it because they had invested so much money into the set will Eubank built. And they shoehorned the civil war short film into it because it was action and probably cost a lot. You had a couple other short films that weren’t mashed into the film and just released as music videos to a couple of the songs. 

I’ll still hold that visually love was really cool for a low budget film that cost less than a million. Will Eubank put together a cool production minus the actual story.

Yeah the practical aspect of what he pulled off was impressive but, it was a terrible story which is all people will remember.

Alright I listened to a few of the songs on the album!

Automatic is a cool Cure/80s new wave pastiche. I've mentioned in the past that this would've been a cool/natural direction for Blink as they matured, rather than the radio pop influences the post-Tom era has given us, and now I feel even more strongly about it. Tom and Mark writing songs like this could be magical.

Automatic in particular isn't all that great, but it doesn't try to be. It sounds like a normal easygoing song and I like the vibe way more than most AVA I've heard. It also sounds very Neighborhoods-y, and it's really easy to imagine Mark doing the background vocals in the choruses. I swear they still subconsciously write each other into their songs sometimes... Anyway this is the best song on the album by far and I'm shocked this wasn't chosen as a single.

No More Guns should have been called "My First Punk Song 2" because it sounds like a middle school band. Just a total waste of time.

Can't really remember anything about the other ones I listened to.