The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

34 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

I mean is there anyone out there who actually believed that Tom’s movie was going to be good 

I’m pretty sure someone said it was their favorite movie and that it was a masterpiece or something a couple of weeks ago on the ava movement fb group 😅🤷‍♂️

I mean I get that it’s subjective, but would they think so if Tom weren’t involved?

• Like 1

Finally listened to the album. It was fine! I had a feeling Kiss & Tell was going to be the best song on the entire album, and it was. I enjoyed every new song to some degree though, except Fire in a Nameless Town. I’ll have to listen more to see if that one grows on me but I thought it was super boring. Spellbound is probably my favorite of the newer songs! Kind of has Kiss With A Spell vibes and I loved that track on The Dream Walker.

Overall, not an amazing album, but not bad. My two favorite songs on it were already released so it’s a little sad that none of the rest of the album could reach that level. I’m interested to see how my opinion changes though, since my initial reaction is almost never exactly the same way I feel after multiple listens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

my favorite genre of movies is science fiction, and LOVE is one of the most boring, pompous and just pointless movies I've ever seen.

I remember being bored to tears and checking my watch thinking it was almost over......it had been 20 minutes.

I’ve said this before on here but when I saw LOVE at the theater I kept thinking “okay it’s been boring so far but it’s going to get more exciting any moment now” repeatedly for the entire movie until it ended. When my friend and I were walking out of the theater with other groups of AVA fans someone behind me said “well, that sucked!” That made me laugh and was probably the best part of the whole experience lol

• Haha 4

When I weigh up “ones I’ll listen to again” vs ones I won’t, there’s more in the relisten category, so the album works for me on pure maths.

however it’s close, because the no category has like 4 songs lol

Timebomb has a really cool intro that gets me hyped for the rest of the song and then after the intro it’s pretty blah.

Kiss & Tell feels like a weird album closer. I almost feel like it should have been the album opener instead. Regardless, it’s still the best song of the bunch. Losing My Mind is a close second for me. That one has grown on me a lot!

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Timebomb has a really cool intro that gets me hyped for the rest of the song and then after the intro it’s pretty blah.

Kiss & Tell feels like a weird album closer. I almost feel like it should have been the album opener instead. Regardless, it’s still the best song of the bunch. Losing My Mind is a close second for me. That one has grown on me a lot!

I actually like kiss and tell at the end because the random “go” at the end works surprisingly well.

I think Euphoria should have been the opener, has a slight build then a punch and it’s a great song. Timebomb can burn in hell though.

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I actually like kiss and tell at the end because the random “go” at the end works surprisingly well.

I think Euphoria should have been the opener, has a slight build then a punch and it’s a great song. Timebomb can burn in hell though.

Euphoria would have been a good opener too! I actually like the intro to Timebomb and think that specific section of the song is a cool way to start the album, but the moment that intro ends the song just falls flat for me lol 

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Euphoria would have been a good opener too! I actually like the intro to Timebomb and think that specific section of the song is a cool way to start the album, but the moment that intro ends the song just falls flat for me lol 

Classic AVA in a nutshell, all build no orgasm. Musical edging sucks.

• Haha 1

overall: album sequence isn't great, so I made one of my own and removed No More Guns because it's just boring. probably the first and only AVA song I'll ever completely forget exists

one of AVA's strengths has always been cohesive albums, and this isn't that. it's kind of all over the place and that's furthered by the release schedule.

Automatic is close to being something great, but doesn't really do enough. it feels like a demo.

Timebomb is classic AVA in essence (thus why so many people here don't like it) but opening chorus lyrics drag it down and then the song doesn't go anywhere. Tom's laziness on full display. the original teaser we got on Peter Mckinnon's documentary trailer sounded way better.

the whole thing is like 2-3 songs away from being a solid, cohesive work. right now i just feel like it's an EP that I like a lot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ye. said:

overall: album sequence isn't great, so I made one of my own and removed No More Guns because it's just boring. probably the first and only AVA song I'll ever completely forget exists

one of AVA's strengths has always been cohesive albums, and this isn't that. it's kind of all over the place and that's furthered by the release schedule.

Automatic is close to being something great, but doesn't really do enough. it feels like a demo.

Timebomb is classic AVA in essence (thus why so many people here don't like it) but opening chorus lyrics drag it down and then the song doesn't go anywhere. Tom's laziness on full display. the original teaser we got on Peter Mckinnon's documentary trailer sounded way better.

the whole thing is like 2-3 songs away from being a solid, cohesive work. right now i just feel like it's an EP that I like a lot.

Euphoria, Spellbound, Automatic, Kiss and Tell and A Fire in a Nameless Town would of made a great EP. 

4 hours ago, Depf said:

Best Ava album by far.

No more guns is fun, the already released Singles are toms best work since 2003. Only Ava cd that is allowed to stay in the Manta GTE. ( @_Bagel because cars are fun).

Cant wait to dance like a unguard to losing my mind life.

David Kennedy the type of guy to rather play empire  over this.

We would be shAgGing this album if those two singles weren’t released so early. HEY , I don’t mind you naming it - just don’t tell me how many horse Austin powers it has.