The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

haaaaa

Literally a whole minute of backing music and lights flailing about while Tom pretends to play along and the others just awkwardly stand about... as soon as the vocals come in he sounds like a dying cat.

Ah, I love how Tom can continue to 'entertain' me, even if it's in the completely wrong way.

Also, I've repeatedly said it, but this song blows so fucking hard haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They allowed that on national tv? Wow- that is straight up awful in multiple ways lol

If you want a shock, go watch it on YT and read the comments. People are deluded.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Literally a whole minute of backing music and lights flailing about while Tom pretends to play along and the others just awkwardly stand about... as soon as the vocals come in he sounds like a dying cat.

hahahah I just LOLed at that moment even though I knew it was coming. It seriously looks/sounds like the entire performance EXCEPT for Tom's vocals are prerecorded. Yeesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I never want to hear a Tom-bot complain about blink's tiny amount of backing tracks again.  Rubin and Rubano are the only musicians here.

I can understand AVA having some synth stuff but full backing tracks is fucking gross, literally could've played the album and just given Tom a mic to do bad kareoke to it and it'd be the same experience. 

I hate it when blink do it, and I hate it here too. 

• Like 1

I never want to hear a Tom-bot complain about blink's tiny amount of backing tracks again.  Rubin and Rubano are the only musicians here.

Backing tracks for AVA have never bothered me, probably because I understand why they're using it. Blink on the other side have never needed it and that is why it's bothering me, if they would play the songs a bit faster but with backing tracks it probably would be better though, All time low have a tiny amount of backing tracks live and they sound fantastic and not that stale happening that is a blink concert today

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

hahahah I just LOLed at that moment even though I knew it was coming. It seriously looks/sounds like the entire performance EXCEPT for Tom's vocals are prerecorded. Yeesh.

lol it is super jarring when Tom starts singing. Doesn't match the song at all. Sounds like drunken karaoke ffs!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I can understand AVA having some synth stuff but full backing tracks is fucking gross, literally could've played the album and just given Tom a mic to do bad kareoke to it and it'd be the same experience. 

I hate it when blink do it, and I hate it here too. 

at least blink's add to the thickness of the live sound, WHILE Mark and Matt still play their respective parts. 

Tom doesn't even want to try to play guitar anymore, and David's is out of tune from the moment it kicks in, maybe it's a blessing they backing-tracked him out. 

• Crab 2

at least blink's add to the thickness of the live sound, WHILE Mark and Matt still play their respective parts. 

Tom doesn't even want to try to play guitar anymore, and David's is out of tune from the moment it kicks in, maybe it's a blessing they backing-tracked him out. 

Have we already forgot about the time matt gave the guitar to a kid and nothing happened to the guitar that was playing in the PA?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It's still bullshit from both bands. The only thing you should have on a backing track is something you can't emulate live (like synth, if you don't have a dedicated performer for it, or a click track) and neither band needs to have literally the whole song. It's bullshit. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I would rather blink hire a guitarist and maybe keyboardist to play backing tracks. Green Day’s live shows sound so much fuller and complete compared to blinks. 

• Like 1